What are you looking for and think we will see Saturday

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am looking for:
  • A fake rocket toss, QB roll out run / BB pass option play (love to have this as a first or second play)
  • WR slant plays
  • >60% completion rate
  • Low amount of Rocket Toss plays as the edge will be defended. This will be used only to setup other plays.
  • Passes within 3 seconds (either a long pass that is designated or short passing routes)
  • If VT is not leading, 2 interceptions by GT as I think VT will try some long passes given GSU success. VT may go the non-turn over route of last year if the D gets stops early and is leading.

I think we will see:
  • I think VT will try and minimize the QB on the edge 1st.
  • I expect a lot of DE fakes on the BB and take the QB.
  • The midline will be the running money play.
  • Their best CB on Smelter.
  • VT will try the run first.

Key to winning:
  • Completions at 60% to force at least 3 defensive backs out of the box and minimize their ability for run support.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
IMO VT will play us like they always play us. Take away dive and pitch and hit QB as much as they can, looking for fumbles, wear down, and errors/bad pitches. If we have no answer for it again they'll also blitz and seek to create an early turnover so we have to play from behind.

Will be typical Bud defense. Attack and force the issue leaving themselves vulnerable deep and daring us to try and exploit it. Smelter and Waller will have a chance to make some plays if JT can get the jump ball off before getting sacked.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
IMO VT will play us like they always play us. Take away dive and pitch and hit QB as much as they can, looking for fumbles, wear down, and errors/bad pitches. If we have no answer for it again they'll also blitz and seek to create an early turnover so we have to play from behind.

Will be typical Bud defense. Attack and force the issue leaving themselves vulnerable deep and daring us to try and exploit it. Smelter and Waller will have a chance to make some plays if JT can get the jump ball off before getting sacked.

I think you're spot on. Foster seems to try to go against the grain of teams trying to read/react and play assignments. On the contrary he seems to want to dictate what we do and use the whole "reading" thing against us by attacking. Hopefully we can exploit that through the air, especially considering their CB's have struggled and the Fuller kid's gone.

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
Smoke routes to Smelter
More up the middle running to try and open up the pitch
Good punt coverage
No missed FG's
Butker drilling them all through the end zone
Limiting big plays with better routes by the safeties

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
I look for us to put our big boy pants on and play like men for 60 min. Take what the D gives us on O and execute. Not asking too much on D other than sure tackling.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think we'll see Midline and that QB trap (lead?) play we ran so much during the Spring game. I think we'll also wait until they sub their best corners out and then go no huddle and throw at them.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I want to see us get defensive stops on third and long, and get our defense off the field. Just a few of these will go a long way toward helping us get out of there with a W.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
VT crowding the box is not necessarily a bad thing for GT. The field is 53.33 yds across. That's a lot real estate left uncovered. The quick slant should be open all day as well as the fade and we have big/tall receivers. Also, that defense is vulnerable to the quick pitch. There's lots of ways to take advantage of defense that sells out in one way or another. It'll be JT's day to shine or not.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
What I am looking for is for our defense to step up.

What I think we will see is VT moving the ball pretty much at will.

What I am looking for is for our offense to finally make VT pay for the risks they take defending us.

What I think we will see is our offense cutting through Bud Foster's defense like a hatchet through a turkey's neck.

What I am looking for is a win.

What I think we will see is a loss.