What Are They Saying in Gobbler Country

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Can't say that I haven't done it Bruce, but the older I get the more sensitive I've become about it when it comes to things that the person can't/couldn't control.
Until I found out the "why" he has the neck he does I thought it was funny too.

Enough wet blanket from me...

Time to rile up the team and castrate some more turkeys!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Can't say that I haven't done it Bruce, but the older I get the more sensitive I've become about it when it comes to things that the person can't/couldn't control.
Until I found out the "why" he has the neck he does I thought it was funny too.

Enough wet blanket from me...

Time to rile up the team and castrate some more turkeys!

Beamer has done a great job at VT and the single person most responsible for the entire institution being recognized around the country. I agree about the neck not being funny when you know the reason.

BTW, they choose to castrate themselves ..... noun definition: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hokie

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Bill Dooley lit the torch at VPI but Beamer carried it to new levels there no doubt.

As far as his neck, if I offended anyone with my post, please except my apologies. My childhood friend was badly burned from a house fire. He never lost his sense of humor about things. He would even call himself "Pizza La Hut" but that's him. I would often take-up for him during our days at school. So I can understand how my post would rub some the wrong way. Anyone that knows me, knows I'm not a person that would intently make fun to emotionally hurt them.

Anyway, I just hope we can win this game. We are due.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
@Stinger90 - wasn't taking personal offense, just want people to know... guess I find it easier to joke about if the person is in the room, per se, and also jokes about it. Just confident that most posters here and other sites have never meet Beamer. I.e. it's not something that most of us would condone teaching our kids.

Oh and darn right WE ARE DUE!