What are the rational reasons we will beat VT?

LibertyTurns

Banned
No. Game is a week away dude. You may want to buy two
If he watches basketball he’ll definitely need 2. We’ve got the proverbial win a tough game on the road followed by playing a pesky team we should beat handily. It will likely be a fight to the end or we’ll get straight up slaughtered if history is any indicator of the future.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
If he watches basketball he’ll definitely need 2. We’ve got the proverbial win a tough game on the road followed by playing a pesky team we should beat handily. It will likely be a fight to the end or we’ll get straight up slaughtered if history is any indicator of the future.

We are what we are. Dont fight it. We are on a general basis a circle of full suck

With that said we win the next two

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Because we are fans of a good group of guys who are improving and good enough to win.

How many people on here said that Virginia was going to beat us by 40 points? How many said we’d never beat Miami? We were like 2 plays away from beating both Pittsburgh and Virginia.

Always believe we’re good enough to win. And make sure you have an adequate supply of alcohol on hand.
Well sauh
I was really a doubter at uva.
Several of u guys posted had seen glimpses that made them optimistic.
We are showing spurts of GOOD and the uva qb gave is a good lesson so maybe cgc and thack can dial up some pressure.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Reason= they are about like pitt and UVA but do not have elements that force you to bend your gameplan like Perkins or Pitt's front. If we play like last week and win the field position/turnover battle, we win. Not easy, but doable.

RB is good; he reminds me of Jimmy Lincoln. They run a lot of double wing, zone read, and RPO stuff. Hooker isnt nearly as elusive or creative as Perkins, but he has a little stronger arm.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Seems VT has only improved recently from looking beatable earlier in the season; especially with their win over WF recently. Any reason to think we might actually beat VT?

Not really, other than coming off our best performance of the year in a losing cause. I watched some of Virginia Tech and Notre Dame and they made a believer out of me. Notre Dame just pounded UVA but Virginia Tech was right there with them until the Irish got several questionable calls go their way in t he fourth quarter of a 21-20 cliff hanger. I don't know if Virginia Tech will come down off the high of beating a ranked Wake Forest team. Our best hope is that they will come out flat, commit a couple of turnovers and add a bunch of missed tackles. They are a 6.5 point favorite for a reason. I am thinking this will be a relatively low scoring game (which I think will benefit the Jackets). Can the offensive line continue its improvement? Will the kickers and special teams show up for a change? Will the defense play better than they did last week? Will James Graham continue his improved play? The answers to those questions will loom large in whether or not we can pull an upset.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
They suck about as much as we do they just figured out how to suck less quicker then we did. We should play them close like we have the last 3 games. The difference is Pitt and UVA found ways to win when Miami found a way to lose.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Reasons we could win:
Graham might have turned a corner as a QB - UVA was his best game by far.
What's left of the OL is gelling into a passable unit.
Ahmarean Brown, Jordan Mason, Tre Swilling...
Defense makes some plays.
Juice
Good Luck​

Reasons we could lose:
Ongoing Scheme Transitions
UVA was an outlier for James Graham as QB - does he regress to the mean?
Injuries
Bud Foster vs P'Nut
ACC Officiating
Sideline dance choreography
Bad Luck
They're probably just better than us right now.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We keep getting better every week for the most part. Bud Foster is retiring and doesn’t have his rivalry with CPJ to keep him motivated anymore. We’re at Bobby Dodd. We’ve beaten them three years in a row and have never lost to Justin Fuente. That’s all I got. I’ll be watching in a bar owned by a Tech alum, and I always love the nostalgia I get from seeing Grant Field on TV. I’m expecting a good game.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
They suck about as much as we do they just figured out how to suck less quicker then we did. We should play them close like we have the last 3 games. The difference is Pitt and UVA found ways to win when Miami found a way to lose.

Respectfully, I must disagree. They were able to stand toe to toe with Notre Dame and beat Wake Forest which I don't think our team could do right now. However, I was NOT impressed with their quarterback that played in the Notre Dame game, not Hooker the other one. He was big and strong but slow and not a particularly good passer but he did keep them in that game. They do not have Pitt's defensive line nor the linebackers of Miami and they don't really have the game breaking running backs and receivers that they used to have but they seem to play well together. I don't think they have the talent of Miami or even Pitt but Fuente is doing something right.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
This. I am way more concerned about UNC than VPI as a coastal rival in the coming years.
You have nailed it. Old grandfatherly Mack with his newly discovered there-is-more-to-life-than-winning culture is positioning UNC to rival Clemson on the other side of the conference and he is in an ideal situation now. If anybody was thinking Brown was a stopgap there long enough to staunch the bleeding, be aware. He is a serious man on a mission. Now, if FSU, Miami, GT, NCSU and yes, VT, step it up, the ACC will regain its prestige and reputation. It is embarrassing that Clemson has to carry that banner almost alone and is ridiculed for the whole league. Until they tee it up against supposed big boys of football. Mack is a nice man, but mostly, I want the reputation of the league back.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
You have nailed it. Old grandfatherly Mack with his newly discovered there-is-more-to-life-than-winning culture is positioning UNC to rival Clemson on the other side of the conference and he is in an ideal situation now. If anybody was thinking Brown was a stopgap there long enough to staunch the bleeding, be aware. He is a serious man on a mission. Now, if FSU, Miami, GT, NCSU and yes, VT, step it up, the ACC will regain its prestige and reputation. It is embarrassing that Clemson has to carry that banner almost alone and is ridiculed for the whole league. Until they tee it up against supposed big boys of football. Mack is a nice man, but mostly, I want the reputation of the league back.
Let us not forget that Alabama and Auburn singlehandedly carried the SEC for almost a decade from 2009-‘17 when UGAg rose back into a power. The SEC East was almost as bad or average as the Coastal and ACC as a whole right now. It wasn’t until SECN money started to roll in that the SEC as a whole stepped it’s game back up. The ACC needs to hold its throne as the premier basketball conference, and continue to battle with the SEC, Big 12, and PAC 12 as the best baseball conference.