What are the actual flight details for GT today?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I fly to London at least once annually
It is overnight and lands about 7 am. With the 5 hour loss in time, small seats with little leg room, two lousy meals, it is very difficult to get even 2 hours sleep. IMO Key is not allowing these kids enough rest before the game. He seems to believe that is typical behavior of these players, but this is a big risk. I hope I am wrong. It takes me a couple of days to adjust. Even my son who lives there says it takes him a couple of days.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
It is overnight and lands about 7 am. With the 5 hour loss in time, small seats with little leg room, two lousy meals, it is very difficult to get even 2 hours sleep. IMO Key is not allowing these kids enough rest before the game. He seems to believe that is typical behavior of these players, but this is a big risk. I hope I am wrong. It takes me a couple of days to adjust. Even my son who lives there says it takes him a couple of days.
Florida State flies tonight as well so it should be a wash.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Perhaps I closed down the club named "I hated the new coach before TFP left".

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
Not related to the thread but win or lose I just pray the flight is safe and we don't have a 1970 Marshall situation. It'll probably be fine but my ADHD *** gets anxious.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
If it is a charter, they may have larger seats (like all business class). That helps some but obviously still an affect on the body.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
AJC said charter but can’t find details on the usual flight websites.
The Jackets are scheduled to practice Wednesday morning on campus. Later that night they will depart on a charter flight for Dublin where they are scheduled to train at noon local time Thursday on the practice field at Aviva Stadium.
Not super helpful but we at least have a timeline.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Not related to the thread but win or lose I just pray the flight is safe and we don't have a 1970 Marshall situation. It'll probably be fine but my ADHD *** gets anxious.

IMG_0057.gif

Damn man… Maybe don’t share that complete thought and let’s just pray for a safe trip and injury free game?

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
View attachment 16566

Damn man… Maybe don’t share that complete thought and let’s just pray for a safe trip and injury free game?
sorry about that, I just have a small fear of flying. I don't freak out on planes, hell I flew when I went to Europe earlier this year, but I always get a little anxious when a plane I'm on is taking off and landing.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Tire these guys out in Thursday's practice and keep them up until bed time, get a good night sleep, easy day friday and they should be fine for Saturday. 5 hours time diffence is no big deal for young athletes.

8+ hours for middle aged men that drink too much on the way over is a huge deal. I know this well :)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Tire these guys out in Thursday's practice and keep them up until bed time, get a good night sleep, easy day friday and they should be fine for Saturday. 5 hours time diffence is no big deal for young athletes.

8+ hours for middle aged men that drink too much on the way over is a huge deal. I know this well :)
The time adjustment is the thing. You advance time going east but kickoff at 5pm in Dublin will be noon here. Just like playing a noon game against the Dukies.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
sorry about that, I just have a small fear of flying. I don't freak out on planes, hell I flew when I went to Europe earlier this year, but I always get a little anxious when a plane I'm on is taking off and landing.
From what I've seen... never mind.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
They’ll be fine. College students pull plenty of 24 hour days. And I’ve pulled just as many as a functioning adult post college. Nonetheless it’s a wash for both teams. (And they’re probably not pregaming cocktails for hours in terminal F skyclub or the Centurion lounge)