What a turn around!!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I thought we'd be at about this point - maybe one more win or lose - when the year started. It's a substantial turnaround and gets a lot of last year's bad taste out of my mouth. One more win at The Bottom Pit of Hell - pardon, Athens - would really put a ribbon around it and is, I think, a real possibility.

Now, I remember the big two we lost early. Two scoop-TDs against Miami taken out and we win. A pass batted in a slightly different direction at Pitt and we win. Ah, well. Next year we'll win those kinds of games, I'm betting, provided we improve on D.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We have to win 2 more still to get there. Both games are bound to be tough.

7-8 wins is alright. Not great but alright. I won't be extra happy for that result just because we were abnormally bad last year. 9 wins, if we get there, that's a good year by any measure IMO. Just slightly shy of a damn good year, which to me is 10 or better. Excellent years include a division/conf champ and major bowl win, like '14.

I'm pleased with where we are overall but these next two games, especially this week, will put the defining stamp on things. Let's go to Athens and get #8. (Now that I think about it 8 wins with a W over the mutts is a damn good year ;) I guess I have a sliding scale when factoring mutts in )