What a season.

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
These past 13 weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster. Our team had some big highs, depressing lows, and a lot of the in between. There was hope, anxiety, triumph, and anguish. The cancer got fired, Brent Key was moved up, and for the first time in a while we could be at least somewhat confident in our HC. We also had MANY different starting quarterbacks. I personally was able to be more connected and close to the team than ever before. I started posting on here, and I also started Ramble, my GT social media page. I met a lot of new Tech fans, young and old, and am glad to call some of you friends.

5-7 doesn’t seem like much on paper, but we turned the corner in many ways. Collins burned a hole through our program and our fans. This season feels like stage one in the recovery. Attendance wasn’t much better this year, but slowly I saw people who were turned off by Collins begin to trickle back to the games as the season progressed. We have a new AD now, and he’s backed by a president who actually seems to care about success in Athletics. We finished .500 in ACC play, and beat some pretty respectable teams in our conference.

Whatever happens, the grit of this team and the uniqueness of this season I will never forget.
Go Jackets.

Go4Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
In an attempt to state positive and ongoing aspects of 2022:

- Hard decision made to improve,
- Able to perform fundamental elements,
- Future QB shows promise,
- Team seemed to bond and unify,
- Impressive road victories, and
- Should have a TEAM with internal leadership moving into 2023.

Reader's Digest Version: Disaster Avoided, Hope for future!

THWG!

That is all.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
We realistically could have been playing in the ACC championship game next week, I hope y’all know and remember that. We beat the top 3 teams in the Coastal, and laid total eggs against Miami and UVA who combined to go 8-14 and 4-11 in conference. Win those 2 games and we’re going to Charlotte, beat UCF like we should have and we’re looking at an 8-4 year with losses to #10 Clemson, #14 Florida State, #1 Georgia, and currently unranked but ranked all year Ole Miss. If that’s our resume then we’re ranked right now. We could’ve been 8-3 going into the UGA game, probably ranked 20th.

We’re not that far off from being a good team again. We just have to get Tech fans to believe and buy in again. We played much better on the road this year, and I bet a lot of has to do with actually playing in decent environments. Playing at BDS now is like playing at Duke anytime in the last 20 years. The stadium is half empty, and it sounds like a library. Usually half the fans that are there are for the other team. The best games we played were @Pitt, @UNC, @VT, and at home was actually a decent crowd against Duke. The worst games we played were at home vs. Ole Miss, at home vs. UVA, at home vs. Miami, and we looked pretty bad at home against WCU too. Clemson, FSU, and UGA were good environments, those teams are just too far ahead of us for it to make a difference. And FWIW, we looked like we could compete for the entirety of the first halves against Clemson and UGA. Probably because the team was fired up to be playing in an environment where there was actually any energy.

This needs to be a wake up call for Tech fans. We sold 40k tickets to the Ole Miss game. That’s 73% of our capacity. The biggest on-campus game of the year and we don’t even sell three-quarters of our stadium out. To put that in perspective we sold 40k tickets against Bowling Green in 2018, and 41k against Duke in the same year. We didn’t even draw 30k against UVA this year. That’s a joke. Tech fans should be ashamed of how poorly we treated our boys out there. If we had supported them at all we’d probably be going bowling, and we might even be getting ready for a trip to Charlotte right now.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
We realistically could have been playing in the ACC championship game next week, I hope y’all know and remember that. We beat the top 3 teams in the Coastal, and laid total eggs against Miami and UVA who combined to go 8-14 and 4-11 in conference. Win those 2 games and we’re going to Charlotte, beat UCF like we should have and we’re looking at an 8-4 year with losses to #10 Clemson, #14 Florida State, #1 Georgia, and currently unranked but ranked all year Ole Miss. If that’s our resume then we’re ranked right now. We could’ve been 8-3 going into the UGA game, probably ranked 20th.

We’re not that far off from being a good team again. We just have to get Tech fans to believe and buy in again. We played much better on the road this year, and I bet a lot of has to do with actually playing in decent environments. Playing at BDS now is like playing at Duke anytime in the last 20 years. The stadium is half empty, and it sounds like a library. Usually half the fans that are there are for the other team. The best games we played were @Pitt, @UNC, @VT, and at home was actually a decent crowd against Duke. The worst games we played were at home vs. Ole Miss, at home vs. UVA, at home vs. Miami, and we looked pretty bad at home against WCU too. Clemson, FSU, and UGA were good environments, those teams are just too far ahead of us for it to make a difference. And FWIW, we looked like we could compete for the entirety of the first halves against Clemson and UGA. Probably because the team was fired up to be playing in an environment where there was actually any energy.

This needs to be a wake up call for Tech fans. We sold 40k tickets to the Ole Miss game. That’s 73% of our capacity. The biggest on-campus game of the year and we don’t even sell three-quarters of our stadium out. To put that in perspective we sold 40k tickets against Bowling Green in 2018, and 41k against Duke in the same year. We didn’t even draw 30k against UVA this year. That’s a joke. Tech fans should be ashamed of how poorly we treated our boys out there. If we had supported them at all we’d probably be going bowling, and we might even be getting ready for a trip to Charlotte right now.
I agree. There are several people even on this message board who either don’t buy tickets or don’t donate. Everyone needs to step up if we are going to compete.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Yea if we would have made improvements earlier we would have had more fans in the seats. I would have kept my season tickets. But I was only able to make it to the UVA game this year. Once we have a better product the seats will fill in more. We are not the school that has generally sold out anyways.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
These past 13 weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster. Our team had some big highs, depressing lows, and a lot of the in between. There was hope, anxiety, triumph, and anguish. The cancer got fired, Brent Key was moved up, and for the first time in a while we could be at least somewhat confident in our HC. We also had MANY different starting quarterbacks. I personally was able to be more connected and close to the team than ever before. I started posting on here, and I also started Ramble, my GT social media page. I met a lot of new Tech fans, young and old, and am glad to call some of you friends.

5-7 doesn’t seem like much on paper, but we turned the corner in many ways. Collins burned a hole through our program and our fans. This season feels like stage one in the recovery. Attendance wasn’t much better this year, but slowly I saw people who were turned off by Collins begin to trickle back to the games as the season progressed. We have a new AD now, and he’s backed by a president who actually seems to care about success in Athletics. We finished .500 in ACC play, and beat some pretty respectable teams in our conference.

Whatever happens, the grit of this team and the uniqueness of this season I will never forget.
Go Jackets.
One small thing I recall is that when I suggested last year that if Collins didn’t turn it around this year he would be fired, half a dozen people took umbrage with that statement and proceeded to explain that it made no financial sense to fire a coach mid-season. Some of us suggested there was no price tag on bringing hope back to the program.

After almost 4 years of wandering in the wilderness I feel hopeful about Tech again.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
One small thing I recall is that when I suggested last year that if Collins didn’t turn it around this year he would be fired, half a dozen people took umbrage with that statement and proceeded to explain that it made no financial sense to fire a coach mid-season. Some of us suggested there was no price tag on bringing hope back to the program.

After almost 4 years of wandering in the wilderness I feel hopeful about Tech again.
I may have fallen in with that group until we started dissecting the contract and realized that any termination before Jan 1,2023 constituted a “mid-season” termination and we were stuck with increased buy out. The prospect of finding and finalizing a coach in February of 2023 all of a sudden seemed worse than spending the money. :confused: