We've been the focus of a few reddit threads this week

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I know some of yall don't follow the CFB reddit but there were two threads of "Which coach gets too much crap" and "Which coach gets off too easy" and CPJ was mentioned in both prompting discussions that are culminating in this thread.

RBall1 has to be Gold1 right?

Well whoever wrote this knows little about football.
1. They imply we don't have to worry about recruiting receivers.....well maybe since all the NFL caliber receivers come to Tech anyway.
2. You have to know football a lot better. The blocking schemes are harder and the assignments are harder. In the spread it is almost like sandlot football, you run deep, you run short, and you run sideways, ill hit you if you are open.
3. And on his defense ideas, wrong, it is those types of players that we love because they do not stay on assignment. What disrupts this offense are big strong D lineman that get penetration.

As for CPJ replacement, Monken or Candeto.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I was at that basketball game when Johnson was introduced. When he said "To Hell with Georgia", the place erupted.
It was the start of his legacy for sure.

Also I take issue with the idea that our QB can have a lower IQ.. It has been shown, many times over, that our QBs make more reads, at more times, than simple passing progressions. We also (when we are able) allow the QB a lot of control on line splits and audibles.