Well...damn.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I realize that some folks are wound a little tight...it's game day at last, but let me see if I have this straight...

We can talk about the state of the program and the glory days and what led to our current situation on a near-perpetual basis, we can speculate about conference realignment ad infinitum, we can rail about how bad TFG was for hundreds of pages, we can argue as to whether CBK was the right guy for the job (I say yes!), we can bemoan the state of our program's debt, we can split every imaginable hair regarding the ACC's TV deal, we can talk about buying season tickets and contributing to the AA and what ADJB is doing to turn things around and on and on and on...

But when I simply highlight a YouTuber's posts displaying the massive...no, make that MASSIVE spending by other programs on their athletic facilities, suddenly folks are upset and call for me to be banned?

Didn't Wreck Talk post a couple of videos recently about our debt situation? Didn't the subject of renaming Grant Field create a bit of a stir recently?

The disparity in college sports between the haves and the have nots is huge and growing. I thought the videos I posted illustrated just how wide the gap truly is.

That's all.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I realize that some folks are wound a little tight...it's game day at last, but let me see if I have this straight...

We can talk about the state of the program and the glory days and what led to our current situation on a near-perpetual basis, we can speculate about conference realignment ad infinitum, we can rail about how bad TFG was for hundreds of pages, we can argue as to whether CBK was the right guy for the job (I say yes!), we can bemoan the state of our program's debt, we can split every imaginable hair regarding the ACC's TV deal, we can talk about buying season tickets and contributing to the AA and what ADJB is doing to turn things around and on and on and on...

But when I simply highlight a YouTuber's posts displaying the massive...no, make that MASSIVE spending by other programs on their athletic facilities, suddenly folks are upset and call for me to be banned?

Didn't Wreck Talk post a couple of videos recently about our debt situation? Didn't the subject of renaming Grant Field create a bit of a stir recently?

The disparity in college sports between the haves and the have nots is huge and growing. I thought the videos I posted illustrated just how wide the gap truly is.

That's all.
Don't play dumb. You could have posted literally any other team's facilities than the one you posted and nobody would have cared. It would have still been in the wrong forum, but you know exactly what you did.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Don't play dumb. You could have posted literally any other team's facilities than the one you posted and nobody would have cared. It would have still been in the wrong forum, but you know exactly what you did.
Which is what, exactly?

Are you saying that the money disparity between the ACC and the other power conferences is not a relevant topic to Tech fans right now?

When the ACC is voting this very morning (allegedly) on whether or not to add two west coast schools simply to survive the arms race that is modern college athletics?

Yeah, I know what I did. I brought some facts to the table, and all facts are friendly.

Oh, and btw, this morning, ESPN asked essentially the same question my OP raised:

1693571200009.png

So, I'm not alone. Get a grip.

Last edited:

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Which is what, exactly?

Are you saying that the money disparity between the ACC and the other power conferences is not a relevant topic to Tech fans right now?

When the ACC is voting this very morning (allegedly) on whether or not to add two west coast schools simply to survive the arms race that is modern college athletics?

Yeah, I know what I did. I brought some facts to the table, and all facts are friendly.

Oh, and btw, this morning, ESPN asked essentially the same question my OP raised:

View attachment 14677

So, I'm not alone. Get a grip.
Posting pro-ugag media on a Georgia Tech message board should be a bannable offense. It's as simple as that.