Votes: 24 25.5%
  • FSU by 14+

Votes: 45 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
FSU by at least four TDs
Our defense is too good to give up 4 TDs.

Unfortunately the offense isn’t good enough w/o Sims to score 1 TD.

I took FSU by 2 scores. It’ll be a low scoring game. I was surprised the defense didn’t fold even when they knew the offense had no chance of scoring last week. Different from Collins teams for sure.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I think we'll be limited to field goals, as we've shown an amazing inability to get TDs this year. So I'll say we get within FG range four times, making three of them. FSU's offense seems to be getting better, and they've had two weeks to prep. I think they hang five scores on us, three TDs and two FGs.

27 - 9, Bad Guys.

slugboy

Staff member
Trying to do this impartially. Over/Under is 47.5. Take the "Under".

FSU is scoring about 30 points/game. We're scoring about 17. Our run offense is better than our pass offense, and their run defense is better than their pass defense.

FSU 20 - GT 13.

Defense plays strong. Offense struggles less, but FSU does what UVA did and dares us to throw.

C'mon Long and Weinke--prove me wrong!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I can't help but pick GT To win.. happy for the GT wins by less than 7 option (tip o the 🎩 to the #OG;OP himself on the choice)

That said I could see Pyron have a bit of a coming out party here. I hope it happens and that we can squeak a win out with good ST play, a few timely FGs and our D bringing havoc.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Trying to do this impartially. Over/Under is 47.5. Take the "Under".

FSU is scoring about 30 points/game. We're scoring about 17. Our run offense is better than our pass offense, and their run defense is better than their pass defense.

FSU 20 - GT 13.

Defense plays strong. Offense struggles less, but FSU does what UVA did and dares us to throw.

C'mon Long and Weinke--prove me wrong!
I ll go with your hope and take Long Weinke plus the Thack Attack.
My rationale
Key took over and and w 3 days notice and told Thack stop backing. Defense is out of cellar and played more aggressive against Duke and UVA. Offense sputtered badly.

Key wants the gt job.
This is a statement game.
Key verses Norvel.

Can Key recover and adjust in critical game?

I think Key will tell Thack to Bring the Thack Attack but be ready for the dump off pass. The Nickel musr cover the Tight end.

The offense improves and special teams stops being a liability.
The Freshman has an arm - 2 long passes.

We win by more than 7 with a defense that will attracts recruits WANT TO SHOW CASE THERE ATHLETIC ABILITY AND GET TO THE LEAGUE.

Key will keep pedal to medal on the gt bus.

24 gt- 17 fsu

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I ll go with your hope and take Long Weinke plus the Thack Attack.
My rationale
Key took over and and w 3 days notice and told Thack stop backing. Defense is out of cellar and played more aggressive against Duke and UVA. Offense sputtered badly.

Key wants the gt job.
This is a statement game.
Key verses Norvel.

Can Key recover and adjust in critical game?

I think Key will tell Thack to Bring the Thack Attack but be ready for the dump off pass. The Nickel musr cover the Tight end.

The offense improves and special teams stops being a liability.
The Freshman has an arm - 2 long passes.

We win by more than 7 with a defense that will attracts recruits WANT TO SHOW CASE THERE ATHLETIC ABILITY AND GET TO THE LEAGUE.

Key will keep pedal to medal on the gt bus.

24 gt- 17 fsu
LOVE THIS.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Our defense is too good to give up 4 TDs.

Unfortunately the offense isn’t good enough w/o Sims to score 1 TD.

I took FSU by 2 scores. It’ll be a low scoring game. I was surprised the defense didn’t fold even when they knew the offense had no chance of scoring last week. Different from Collins teams for sure.
You need to account forour Off giving up TDs either by int /fumble run back or block punt,etc.That's what runs up the score.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
You need to account forour Off giving up TDs either by int /fumble run back or block punt,etc.That's what runs up the score.
That plus all the extra possessions they will get with short field position due to the numerous three and outs. Eventually, our defense will get worn down by being on the field all day in the Florida heat

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Binion's stuff is always a good read before a game. It gives you a heads up on things to look for. His system compares the key metrics for each team head-to-head.

Las Vegas blew the line out to 24.5

The biggest takeaway from Binion's piece is just how awful our OL is.
No OL with a rating over 60. Ouch.

I think we will struggle to run the ball (without a healthy Sims that has been an issue all year) and then when we get to long passing downs I expect our QB's to be under extreme duress.
I think it will be difficult for the offense to get to double digits, unless the D or ST gives us points or great field position.
Stewart is 8-8 on FG.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm going with the upset here since there is no cash involved or penalty for being wrong.Or reward for being right either. Let's go GT 20, FSU 17. We turn them over 4 times. Defense gets a score. Dontae Smith rushes for a 100 yards and the two headed monster of Gibson and Pyron do enough to move the chains. We don't have punts blocked.

I went to Tech-FSU game in Tally years ago...it's a great environment for a football game (or was). I get the idea that their home field advantage has dwindled given their recent doldrums.

It's a nooner. Yuck. I am thinking of beer and deluxe nachos but am open to menu suggestions from this august body.