Week 5 #GTvsPITT Postgame Presser

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
From watching his just-hired presser, listening to the coaches show, and then this post-game presser, it sounds like CBK has been frustrated by many of the same things we have.

To come right out and say we had a bad week or practice before Ole Miss and got waxed, better before USF and lost, and you only say "great effort" to 6 year olds after Tball games is all pretty eye opening.

Then he references all the usual stuff - mistakes, special teams, penalties, lack of accountability, clock management issues, lack of focus, on and on.

Very interesting.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
From watching his just-hired presser, listening to the coaches show, and then this post-game presser, it sounds like CBK has been frustrated by many of the same things we have.

To come right out and say we had a bad week or practice before Ole Miss and got waxed, better before USF and lost, and you only say "great effort" to 6 year olds after Tball games is all pretty eye opening.

Then he references all the usual stuff - mistakes, special teams, penalties, lack of accountability, clock management issues, lack of focus, on and on.

Very interesting.

I think everyone saw it. That’s why he had to go and had to go now.

gt69hjcollins

Georgia Tech Fan
Can anyone actually hear or understand Key? I wanted to and tried but no luck... I thought it might be time for hearing aids (at a young age) until I listened to the players - could easily hear them...
I have sent an email to the AA about the quality of these broadcasts. It is beyond my comprehension that any organization
would be satisfied with this nonsense, much less an Institute of Technology. If you agree notify the AA. This is ridiculous!

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Can anyone actually hear or understand Key? I wanted to and tried but no luck... I thought it might be time for hearing aids (at a young age) until I listened to the players - could easily hear them...
I ran YouTube on my computer and launched the video from there. With volume fully on, I could hear Key marginally.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I have sent an email to the AA about the quality of these broadcasts. It is beyond my comprehension that any organization
would be satisfied with this nonsense, much less an Institute of Technology. If you agree notify the AA. This is ridiculous!
No no no. The Georgia Tech tradition is to make terrible technology decisions (a key aspect of getting the shaft) and then discard highly paid for bad tools for slapped together kludges from students or professors that work much better. Sometimes for decades. Ask me how I know.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Well after listening to Key's press conference, he was very honest about mistakes to clean up, gave all the credit to the players and other coaches and was clearly moved on getting the game ball. He seemed very straight forward and didn't oversell the win. Reminds of previous coaches who expect us to win.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Well after listening to Key's press conference, he was very honest about mistakes to clean up, gave all the credit to the players and other coaches and was clearly moved on getting the game ball. He seemed very straight forward and didn't oversell the win. Reminds of previous coaches who expect us to win.
He also said some of the guys made the same mistakes this game as last and he will find players that won't make them. I noticed that guys that had penalties called on them immediately came to the bench because Narduzi (sp) was taking them out anyway. I think this team misses Whipple as OC.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
The audio issue has been around as long as our false starts, blocked punts, and missed field goals over the last 3+ years. Maybe Key can work this out too for the next game.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I gotta admit he's doing all the right things. If you're trying to sell everybody that 99% of the issues were due to your fired boss, best way to do it is stop doing all the dumb things your old boss did & right the ship. He's off to a good start.