Week 2 Media #UCFvsGT

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
So at this point , think it's a safe bet that Simms is our guy moving forward, definitely think he proved it Saturday
Weird think that last year and even going into this year there was still so much qb competition.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Glad to see DP mention Dontae Smith. He had limited reps, but he had a really good game. Nice kick return, a few nice catch and runs out of the backfield, and a really nice run that got negated by penalty.
Also glad to see Thacker mention Showell and Myles Sims. These are the times the ATL mentality can pay divedends. If you prepare like you’re going to play, you’re ready to play when someone else can’t go.
Showell in particular impressed me and caught my eye a few times.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I’m sure you’ll all be covering your ears when they talk about 2017 on Saturday. Just a warning, as sure as I’m sitting here they’ll be talking about that cancelled game even though it’s got nothing to do with Saturday’s game. They’ll probably mention the FSU game as well even though that has no bearing on the game either.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
There is a coke sideline and a Waffle House sideline. They are just sharing the love. I suspect the coke plane fleet is bigger than WaHo.

#NoDisrespect #ForTheBrand #404

That obviously not the real Coach Collins—it’s a doppelgänger. Note what’s on the podium...more specifically: what isn’t on the podium?
If you caught the whole interview you’d know his lucky WH styro ain’t that far away. 😉
They've been doing Dasani all year.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
They are a GOOD team with GOOD coaching and GOOD players. IMHO it’s a great situation for us to be underdogs so we hopefully don’t sleep on them.

Listening to the whole thing it doesn't sound like these comments are out of turn. I hope they are overconfident, looking past us, not prepared for the speed of the game, etc., but I doubt that will be the case.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I worry about this game. Not so much whether we win or lose, but how it will be perceived if we do lose.

We are getting SO much hype from our Game 1 win...which I love! BUT, too many people think of UCF based on the old name as a minor college football team.....just as too many people think FSU is a power like in the old days. I fear that even amongst our own fan base (end especially in the media) we will be perceived as a flop if we get beaten in this game.

Oh, well...only thing to do is go out and win it instead!

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
Give Norvell a year and FSU will start getting back to what they used to be. Frankly, last year I will agree there weapons were unmatched, the speed and athleticism they had last year was second to none, however that didn't seem to matter to TULSA😂, after losing Gabe Davis, Adrian KIllins Jr, Nate Evans, I don't think they will be nearly as lethal. After all they lost a receiver who contributed to one-third of all there passing yards, and frankly I think they are underestimating our secondary. I would argue we have two of the best safeties in college football, and are top 10 in cornerbacks, I am excited to see wha happens on Saturday