Week 2 Depth Chart

lauraee

Helluva Engineer

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Why? Lee was a tackle before moving to center, not a guard.

Braun/Cooper/Brian would be devastating up the middle. Holy crap!

It’s all about getting the best 5 together. Lee struggled with assignments at times at LT. He’s more comfortable at C.

If the gap between Quinney and Will is bigger than the gap between Will and Morgan at OG...Will will slide back to LT.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Coach and assistant ol coach are active .
Coach says
"We have 8 line men that can play. We will put the best 5 on the field".

I can see adjusting where and who the best 5 are depending on size and technique of dl.

With this line up I hope we play like we did against vt 17 when WB was in at rt on the 2 long scoring drives!( 2 of those Vt guys are in NFL). I hope we leave will at RG and let Brad get liberal SUBSTITUTE.
DITTO - move lee back to LT and sub in Quinney. DITTO Marshall and Braddy I.
DITTO COOPER and Scott Morgan.

What is really needed is to build some depth at tackle.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Won’t be surprised if we have 200 yards up the middle this game with Bryan moving to OG.
I like Bryan at OG for this game as well.

But when cooper comes back, I like him at OT.

What is REALLY comes down to is "I like lee at center better than I like him at OT".

I think Cooper can probably play OG as well as he can OC.

I think Bryan can probably play OT as well as he can OG (or close).

I think Lee can play OC better than he can OT, so Bryan/Braun/Lee/Cooper/Whoever seems like getting your best 5 on the field in the best total mix of position fit.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I like Bryan at OG for this game as well.

But when cooper comes back, I like him at OT.

What is REALLY comes down to is "I like lee at center better than I like him at OT".

I think Cooper can probably play OG as well as he can OC.

I think Bryan can probably play OT as well as he can OG (or close).

I think Lee can play OC better than he can OT, so Bryan/Braun/Lee/Cooper/Whoever seems like getting your best 5 on the field in the best total mix of position fit.
I agree, I like what you said or I wouldn’t mind Lee back at LT with Cooper at center and Bryan at RG if coach thinks thats best. Both ways should be a good OL regardless imo.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I think that Lee will do better for us at OT. True, he blew an assignment or three out there last year, but, remember, he was mainly a DL in high school. He was starting at ground zero. I like him at center, but, with his speed, I think he's wasted there. We need somebody with experience out there who can get to the second level in a hurry. Cooper is a really, really good center too boot.

But … maybe Quinney has come along there enough to give us some real flexibility going forward. I hope so; I've always felt that he has great promise. Oth, I really like Will at guard. A Braun - Cooper - Bryan combo in the middle is hard to beat.

Glad they pay other people to make these decisions.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I like him at center, but, with his speed, I think he's wasted there. We need somebody with experience out there who can get to the second level in a hurry.

Actually, that speed is what makes him so promising as a C in this offense. The C is usually tasked with getting to that second level and get to the MLB. That skill is what made FB so dang good there!

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The question is this ... would you rather miss the MLB coming down to take out the dive or miss the MLB hitting the edge and taking the AB. I would rather miss by the center than the OT. Sure I would rather have +6 yards over 3-4 up the middle, but a 3 yard loss on the outside is awful.

Really good gaurds force the LB to scrap down. So I would have my best people at guards. A scrapping down LB is so much easier to hit as a OT than one flying to the outside. Also scraping down assignments force the LB to make missteps on counter options. That on step forward is a big step out of the play.

Come Clemson, we need to have the best guards as possible or the option is not an option.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Coach and assistant ol coach are active .
Coach says
"We have 8 line men that can play. We will put the best 5 on the field".

I can see adjusting where and who the best 5 are depending on size and technique of dl.

With this line up I hope we play like we did against vt 17 when WB was in at rt on the 2 long scoring drives!( 2 of those Vt guys are in NFL). I hope we leave will at RG and let Brad get liberal SUBSTITUTE.
DITTO - move lee back to LT and sub in Quinney. DITTO Marshall and Braddy I.
DITTO COOPER and Scott Morgan.

What is really needed is to build some depth at tackle.

DeFoor moving into the 2 deep at tackle is a very good sign IMO.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
This O-Line with Braun/Lee/Bryan looks to me like CPJ is planning a major BB attack this weekend. A good plan with our BB talent and depth.