Week 2 CFB Thread

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Someone put @CuseJacket on suicide watch. L'ville up 21-0 over Cuse with 4:50 gone in the game. That pace would result in ~240-0. But I think we are safe.......

I had said that last week that I was glad Clemson and FSU were in the Atlantic. And I said that one was a lock for Atlantic. Well I'm reconsidering the lock. L'ville gets FSU @L'ville next week. That should be a great game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
L'Ville Lamar Jackson with 610 yards of offense. New ACC record. Is L'Ville that good or Cuse that bad? (Their D was just slow compared to L'Ville and they went to the same arm tackling school as some others :cautious:) I watched part and slept through part only to wake up and watch the end. They had almost twice as many plays as our BC game since they were both doing the hurry up. Bet there are some tired linemen today.

845 total yards of offense for L'Ville. Sick. http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400869429

Quick highlights. http://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=400869429

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Did you guys see the game or box score? I watched bits and pieces between innings of a MLB game. Evidently, L'ville ran up 845 yards of offense for the game. 845!!! Over 400 in the air AND over 400 on the ground. I'm not sure I have ever seen that before. Both teams ran their offense with up tempo, so that helps I guess, but 845? Wow.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Did you guys see the game or box score? I watched bits and pieces between innings of a MLB game. Evidently, L'ville ran up 845 yards of offense for the game. 845!!! Over 400 in the air AND over 400 on the ground. I'm not sure I have ever seen that before. Both teams ran their offense with up tempo, so that helps I guess, but 845? Wow.
That qb is the real deal

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
'Cuse D is realllly bad. Attrition, injuries, and general talent. They have 1 player who would start for us on D (LB), and think about GT's own issues there. Told my brother pregame that we (i.e., Cuse in this context) look like a MAC team talent wise right now.

After that start it was a minor miracle to be down 35-21 at half. Razor thin depth on O kept 'Cuse hanging around for a bit.

It is fun watching the Orange offense develop in year 1 with Babers. Polar opposite from GT. I get to watch the two opposite ends of the spectrum.

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
Lamar Jackson also went off again. He set an ACC record with 610 total yards of offense, 411 yards passing with a touchdown and 199 yards rushing with four touchdowns. The scary part is his numbers could've been much better. His teammates dropped several wide open passes that ended drives. Syracuse's defense looked about as clueless as it did when we went off on them 56-0 a few years ago. At one point, in the FIRST QUARTER, Lamar had 7 completions for 235 yards and four rushes for 120 yards. I know Louisville has yet to be truly tested, but that team looks scary good.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
L Jackson is a fabulous passer puts 50 yrd passes right in reciever's hands.

Not much to do about that, especially since he can burn you for 20 on the ground. Guy is the heisman this year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well back to mediocre teams, Fluke is going to lose to Wake. We are still #1 in Coastal.

God doesn't like Fluke this year. Wake kicked a FG that hit the upright and went through.