• Clemson by 7-13

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Clemson by 14+

Votes: 80 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I am really on the fence with this. With two weeks to prepare for CU, I feel that Long will have a good plan to try to exploit a very solid defense- uptempo, quick hits, trap blocking, maybe some reverses. If we can play relatively error free on offense to keep our D on the sidelines as much as possible, keep it close until the 4th quarter, we
MAY just pull an upset. But even if we are still close in the 4th but play well and lose I will be proud.
The ABOVE is from my heart, BELOW is from my brain.
Tigers 31, Jackets 20
This got me wondering about how Clemson's defense does in opening games of the season in general. They haven't given up more than 14 points in the opening game since 2014. Most of the points they have given up in that time frame were garbage time points. UGA last year only put up 3 against them on offense. If Long manages to put a solid offense out there against them, I still doubt we can win but we should feel much better about the rest of the season.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This got me wondering about how Clemson's defense does in opening games of the season in general. They haven't given up more than 14 points in the opening game since 2014. Most of the points they have given up in that time frame were garbage time points. UGA last year only put up 3 against them on offense. If Long manages to put a solid offense out there against them, I still doubt we can win but we should feel much better about the rest of the season.
Clemson s front 7 have 5 each 5 star and 2 each 4 star players with lots of experience. .

We are young and eager.

Last year was about the same

jackets w no turn overs would be a great inside game victory.

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
27-16 bad guys. At least - I hope we can make it this close. I'll be there cheering us on regardless. And - who knows? Maybe the OL comes out on fire, their linebackers don't know if the TE is going to block or receive, and nobody beats the secondary by 20 yards because we didn't know who was supposed to cover who, and that score is completely reversed.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
I picked 14+, but pick the score to be 34-17 baduns, and lots of reasons to be excited for the possibility of 5 wins this year.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Unheralded as in how he is being treated this year. Everyone is viewing him as a lame duck QB. Clemson is always stacked recruiting-wise so I definitely did not intend for that to mean how DJ was treated before last season. Perhaps I should have chosen a different adjective
Based on what he did last year, "unheralded" is probably about as good as its going to get for him. I just don't think he is all that great and is close to being a 5 star bust. Your explanation is correct.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Gather 'round men. Look, for months you've heard the never ending narrative about how our defense was one of the worst in the country. You witnessed firsthand the brokenness that was prevalent in this locker room. You watched our leading rusher quit on you against ugag and walk out the door a short time later. You've heard how my seat is the hottest seat in the country, and how we must win 6 games and make a bowl. The entire offseason was spent with negativity being written about us. About how we have one of the toughest schedules around and how it's not built for winning. Men.... brothers..... the time for talk is over. You're about to take the field against a team who you fought and battled with last year even though you were decimated by injuries. You scrapped, clawed, struggled, wrestled, and made one heck of a statement doing so. Don't you dare hang your heads! You embodied the GriT we pushed so hard last year and I couldn't have been more proud of your effort. Today men, you have a chance to rectify the outcome of that game. You have a chance, on national television, with the spotlight squarely placed on you, to show the world that your performance last year was no fluke. You came in here last year with little to no expectations of bringing home a victory, yet balled out against a NFL QB and gave us a decisive victory in convincing fashion. Tonight, you get that stage one more time against another ranked foe. Against a storied rival. Against a rival who readily admitted they had no respect for you until you punched them in the mouth last year. Now you're no surprise. Now, they have circled you as a game to prepare for. As someone who's a threat to them. Someone who wants to drag them out of Death Valley and into utter Mayhem. You, men, have that opportunity. It's waiting for you through those doors. What you're about to do will be a spectacle readily repeated throughout GT lore. The only time a Yellow Jacket has a chance against a Tiger is when he brings a SWARM. Gentlemen, you are that SWARM. You are the SWARM that will rise up to face the tiger. You will be the SWARM that gives no path of escape until the last second ticks off that clock. AND YOU WILL BE THAT SWARM THAT LEAVES BEHIND A DEAD TIGER. YOU ARE THE GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS, AND YOU'RE ABOUT TO UNLEASH A SWARM LIKE NEVER BEFORE!!!!

WE GONNA FIGHT, TILL WE CAN'T FIGHT NO MORE. WE'RE GONNA LIE DOWN, BLEED A WHILE, WE'RE GONNA GET BACK UP, AND FIGHT SOME MORE!!!!! NOW SHOW THEM WHAT A YELLOW JACKET SWARM LOOKS LIKE!!!!!!!!

LETS GOOOOOO

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
There’s probably some stats on this but I feel like there’s a higher probability of big upsets in Week 1 than any other week of the season. Remember App Tech over Michigan? Plus, Clemson lost their OC and DC, right? I mean, Venables made our lives miserable, right? Good riddance. If we win the turnover battle and catch them out of position a few times, maybe we have a chance.

GT 24, Clemson 20
Like if Old Dominion beat Virginia Tech? By the way, it’s App State, not App Tech. Do better.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am hoping for the new Sims to show up and give us a chance. Will our OL be able to protect him long enough? Will Clemson find their offense?

The odds makers say 20 points won't be enough for us to win. They could be wrong, but aren't usually off by a lot. I think we will have moments and feel better about the season, but fall way short. Predicting 35-10 Clemson.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Well looking at historical data it seems pretty clear that the last time Brent Venables was NOT coaching the defense Clemson gave up 70 to West Virginia.

I think our offense will have a few kinks to iron out so I'll be a bit conservative and say GT 63-CU 24
Step away from the juice buddy.

I like it though!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I personally want to revisit this one.

I’d like to put a wager on the game if you believe this to be the case - please dm me and let’s work out some way for one of us to benefit from the outcome.
45-3 not us. Their d line will dominate our o. We will miss both Rb gone from last season. The d will look worse than last year. The one question mark is their Qb. If he hasn’t made any improvements from last year I could see it 24-3.

I stand corrected @TampaGT