• Clemson by 7-13

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Clemson by 14+

Votes: 80 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTBlaze

Banned
I honestly have no idea what to expect or what the score will be BUT I am not very confident about a positive outcome whatsoever

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
We were somewhere around Hollowell Parkway when the yellow jackets started to take hold. We had 10 flags, 7 pennants, and a gallon and a half of cheap bourbon in the trunk. And three velvet mustard colored jackets. The thing about a yellow jacket is that it incites you to keep going to the end. The score was 222 to nothing. Or... was that will be? Was Paul Johnson the coach? Geoff Collins? I'm pretty sure I watched Bobby Dodd call a rocket toss on money down. I respectfully refuse to accept the premises of your reality.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
45-3 not us. Their d line will dominate our o. We will miss both Rb gone from last season. The d will look worse than last year. The one question mark is their Qb. If he hasn’t made any improvements from last year I could see it 24-3.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I went and watched the Saturday scrimmage to start fall camp. Although it was hard to tell with the player rotation, I am afraid the defense will again be about the same as in the past three years.

After a slow first quarter, Clemson will win by the Vegas odds.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t expect to win, but hope to see progress.
Basic stuff like better DBs pass coverage, fewer stupid penalties (especially coming out of a TO), avoid momentum killing interceptions, better offensive play calling, scoring in red zone, decent kicking game etc.
I know we’re outmanned, but looking for evidence of us having our own act together.
There is always a chance they look past us, and the word Clemsoning exists for a reason, so you never know.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I expect GT to be competitive but struggle to score. Clemson pulls away in second half something like 27-10.
I agree. I think we will be competitive for three quarters but Clemson pulls away in the fourth. Fans, players, and coaches will all have reason to feel pretty good about our team. I am not convinced that Clemson's quarterback is the real deal...5 stars notwithstanding. After last year's performance, he should be motivated to show what he can do but will he? We will have a hard time moving the ball against what is touted as a loaded Tiger defensive line. Too many three and outs will eventually catch up to us.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I hate to say it but Clemson has a highly touted freshman QB sitting behind an unheralded starter. It is giving me Trevor Lawrence coming off the bench for Bryant vibes.

Brain: 42-10 Clemson
Heart: 222-0 GT
"unheralded"? He was a five star coming out of high school. Personally, I think he will prove to be a bust but he has another year to silence the critics which have been pretty loud judging by the Tiger fans I know in church. To say they are unhappy with him is an understatement. In his defense, he had to play behind the best Clemson quarterback in living memory so maybe give him a pass on his first year as starter but we will see.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
"unheralded"? He was a five star coming out of high school. Personally, I think he will prove to be a bust but he has another year to silence the critics which have been pretty loud judging by the Tiger fans I know in church. To say they are unhappy with him is an understatement. In his defense, he had to play behind the best Clemson quarterback in living memory so maybe give him a pass on his first year as starter but we will see.
Unheralded as in how he is being treated this year. Everyone is viewing him as a lame duck QB. Clemson is always stacked recruiting-wise so I definitely did not intend for that to mean how DJ was treated before last season. Perhaps I should have chosen a different adjective

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Delusional tho I may be, I think we open a can of whoopass on Clemson.

This afternoon, I re-watched our game against UNC last year. I'll never understand how that team only won one more game.

Not going to predict a score - too many variables - well, on second thought... I'll go with 19-16 GT.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
45-3 not us. Their d line will dominate our o. We will miss both Rb gone from last season. The d will look worse than last year. The one question mark is their Qb. If he hasn’t made any improvements from last year I could see it 24-3.
I personally want to revisit this one.

I’d like to put a wager on the game if you believe this to be the case - please dm me and let’s work out some way for one of us to benefit from the outcome.

Last edited:

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Gather 'round men. Look, for months you've heard the never ending narrative about how our defense was one of the worst in the country. You witnessed firsthand the brokenness that was prevalent in this locker room. You watched our leading rusher quit on you against ugag and walk out the door a short time later. You've heard how my seat is the hottest seat in the country, and how we must win 6 games and make a bowl. The entire offseason was spent with negativity being written about us. About how we have one of the toughest schedules around and how it's not built for winning. Men.... brothers..... the time for talk is over. You're about to take the field against a team who you fought and battled with last year even though you were decimated by injuries. You scrapped, clawed, struggled, wrestled, and made one heck of a statement doing so. Don't you dare hang your heads! You embodied the GriT we pushed so hard last year and I couldn't have been more proud of your effort. Today men, you have a chance to rectify the outcome of that game. You have a chance, on national television, with the spotlight squarely placed on you, to show the world that your performance last year was no fluke. You came in here last year with little to no expectations of bringing home a victory, yet balled out against a NFL QB and gave us a decisive victory in convincing fashion. Tonight, you get that stage one more time against another ranked foe. Against a storied rival. Against a rival who readily admitted they had no respect for you until you punched them in the mouth last year. Now you're no surprise. Now, they have circled you as a game to prepare for. As someone who's a threat to them. Someone who wants to drag them out of Death Valley and into utter Mayhem. You, men, have that opportunity. It's waiting for you through those doors. What you're about to do will be a spectacle readily repeated throughout GT lore. The only time a Yellow Jacket has a chance against a Tiger is when he brings a SWARM. Gentlemen, you are that SWARM. You are the SWARM that will rise up to face the tiger. You will be the SWARM that gives no path of escape until the last second ticks off that clock. AND YOU WILL BE THAT SWARM THAT LEAVES BEHIND A DEAD TIGER. YOU ARE THE GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS, AND YOU'RE ABOUT TO UNLEASH A SWARM LIKE NEVER BEFORE!!!!

WE GONNA FIGHT, TILL WE CAN'T FIGHT NO MORE. WE'RE GONNA LIE DOWN, BLEED A WHILE, WE'RE GONNA GET BACK UP, AND FIGHT SOME MORE!!!!! NOW SHOW THEM WHAT A YELLOW JACKET SWARM LOOKS LIKE!!!!!!!!

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Gather 'round men. Look, for months you've heard the never ending narrative about how our defense was one of the worst in the country. You witnessed firsthand the brokenness that was prevalent in this locker room. You watched our leading rusher quit on you against ugag and walk out the door a short time later. You've heard how my seat is the hottest seat in the country, and how we must win 6 games and make a bowl. The entire offseason was spent with negativity being written about us. About how we have one of the toughest schedules around and how it's not built for winning. Men.... brothers..... the time for talk is over. You're about to take the field against a team who you fought and battled with last year even though you were decimated by injuries. You scrapped, clawed, struggled, wrestled, and made one heck of a statement doing so. Don't you dare hang your heads! You embodied the GriT we pushed so hard last year and I couldn't have been more proud of your effort. Today men, you have a chance to rectify the outcome of that game. You have a chance, on national television, with the spotlight squarely placed on you, to show the world that your performance last year was no fluke. You came in here last year with little to no expectations of bringing home a victory, yet balled out against a NFL QB and gave us a decisive victory in convincing fashion. Tonight, you get that stage one more time against another ranked foe. Against a storied rival. Against a rival who readily admitted they had no respect for you until you punched them in the mouth last year. Now you're no surprise. Now, they have circled you as a game to prepare for. As someone who's a threat to them. Someone who wants to drag them out of Death Valley and into utter Mayhem. You, men, have that opportunity. It's waiting for you through those doors. What you're about to do will be a spectacle readily repeated throughout GT lore. The only time a Yellow Jacket has a chance against a Tiger is when he brings a SWARM. Gentlemen, you are that SWARM. You are the SWARM that will rise up to face the tiger. You will be the SWARM that gives no path of escape until the last second ticks off that clock. AND YOU WILL BE THAT SWARM THAT LEAVES BEHIND A DEAD TIGER. YOU ARE THE GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS, AND YOU'RE ABOUT TO UNLEASH A SWARM LIKE NEVER BEFORE!!!!

WE GONNA FIGHT, TILL WE CAN'T FIGHT NO MORE. WE'RE GONNA LIE DOWN, BLEED A WHILE, WE'RE GONNA GET BACK UP, AND FIGHT SOME MORE!!!!! NOW SHOW THEM WHAT A YELLOW JACKET SWARM LOOKS LIKE!!!!!!!!

I sure do miss D-Mo. If y'all will excuse me, I gotta go run through a wall somewhere.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

If getting a contractor out to my house wasn't so hard these days, I would have ran through every wall at my office. Hell yeah...that's what I like to see! LET"S F'ing go!

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I am really on the fence with this. With two weeks to prepare for CU, I feel that Long will have a good plan to try to exploit a very solid defense- uptempo, quick hits, trap blocking, maybe some reverses. If we can play relatively error free on offense to keep our D on the sidelines as much as possible, keep it close until the 4th quarter, we
MAY just pull an upset. But even if we are still close in the 4th but play well and lose I will be proud.
The ABOVE is from my heart, BELOW is from my brain.
Tigers 31, Jackets 20