Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Clemson by 14+

Votes: 80 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
It is time. Let's get those predictions flowing, folks.

First point of order: Despite the Monday night kickoff, I'm going with a Thursday poll for the season-opener, which is a little earlier than tradition. No reason to be superstitious based on how the recent years have unfolded.

Second point of order: No need to provide feedback on the point ranges in the poll. Yea, I get it, we should have a "GT by >35" option for this one. But I want to remain respectful of our opponent.

Third point of order: Do not hold back on your predictions. We have had a full offseason of hot takes posts about our team and its prospects for the year presented as fact and absolute certainty. No reason to slow down now. Prove to everyone why we should listen to you, and you only, by shouting your prediction as loud as possible.

With that, Go Jackets! Let's show out on Monday.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
I have CLEM by 14+, but I actually think the yellow jacket faithful will feel ok when the clock runs out. Something like 31-13 bad guys where we look like a real football team.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We must play a clean game with no mental errors and Clemson must make some mistakes. If they dominate the LOS it will be a long night even with their new OC and DC since anything they call will work. We have to win some battles in the line.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
There’s probably some stats on this but I feel like there’s a higher probability of big upsets in Week 1 than any other week of the season. Remember App Tech over Michigan? Plus, Clemson lost their OC and DC, right? I mean, Venables made our lives miserable, right? Good riddance. If we win the turnover battle and catch them out of position a few times, maybe we have a chance.

GT 24, Clemson 20

GTweatherguy

Georgia Tech Fan
Clemson by 2 TD+. This team and staff have yet to put words into action. I need to see some progress first before believing that the way we ended last year won’t continue. Regardless, I’ll be there at MBS with my tribe wearing the white and gold, cheering on our boys!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I still have NO confidence this coaching staff can field a solid D. I know Clemson’s QB hasn’t shown much but I think they will dominate at every position against our D.

Clemson 38. GT 16

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Tech will play them close, if Sims doesn't turn the ball over and win it late with our 3 running backs wearing their defense down.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I just think their defense is too tough and will likely force some turnovers as our new offense is figuring things out. I see a 38-7 type of game.