Wednesday Presser: New Assistant Coaches

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone have a list of the coaches they replaced? Hard to keep track.
Weinke replaced Patenaude as QB coach. The new OC is Chip Long who will also coach TEs.
Mike Daniels replaced Choice (RB coach)
Tillman replaced Burton (S) and Popovich (CB)
Semore replaced Thacker as LB coach. As far as I know Thacker is still the DC.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Weinke replaced Patenaude as QB coach. The new OC is Chip Long who will also coach TEs.
Mike Daniels replaced Choice (RB coach)
Tillman replaced Burton (S) and Popovich (CB)
Semore replaced Thacker as LB coach. As far as I know Thacker is still the DC.
Thanks!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Anyone have a list of the coaches they replaced? Hard to keep track.
until they get to the only one that counts, no point in a list. But if I read it right he has replaced half the permitted position coaches. That's a lot of position coaches to own up to.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
It's February. What do you want?
1644605838567.png

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I actually laughed a little when Mike Daniels started talking about 2-back sets. I was thinking “If only you’d gotten a chance to work with the RB room we had last year.” I hope there will be good competition between the RBs, TEs, and WRs for that 11th spot on the field. The one that determines whether we’re in 11 personnel, 12 personnel, or 21 personnel.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I actually laughed a little when Mike Daniels started talking about 2-back sets. I was thinking “If only you’d gotten a chance to work with the RB room we had last year.” I hope there will be good competition between the RBs, TEs, and WRs for that 11th spot on the field. The one that determines whether we’re in 11 personnel, 12 personnel, or 21 personnel.
Why not 22 personnel?

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Why not 22 personnel?
There's an opening to be the only team with a primarily "heavy" offense in the ACC. You can get the advantage of having a distinct offense while also not going full triple option. A lot of team set up to defend the spread my have trouble adjusting to a 22 run-first offense.

JacketFan137

Banned
There's an opening to be the only team with a primarily "heavy" offense in the ACC. You can get the advantage of having a distinct offense while also not going full triple option. A lot of team set up to defend the spread my have trouble adjusting to a 22 run-first offense.
this is similar to what the ravens have employed with lamar and it has clearly been effective as they’ve been one of the top offenses every year in the nfl since lamar took over.

benson as a TE is a bit of a matchup nightmare with his size and speed a la mark andrews, we have a qb that obviously profiles similar, we have a very good RB that always falls forward, and i like some of our WRs. if our line can block better we should try to run their offense