Wednesday injury update

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Snoddy's breakout performance came at just the right time. Losing Laskey (and thus losing Days at A-Back) and then losing Perkins, we needed somebody to step up. Go back and watch that 3rd TD from Snoddy--its a thing of beauty. Hopefully he can keep up the good work and continue to improve his blocking so we can "weather the storm" of these losses.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Snoddy's breakout performance came at just the right time. Losing Laskey (and thus losing Days at A-Back) and then losing Perkins, we needed somebody to step up. Go back and watch that 3rd TD from Snoddy--its a thing of beauty. Hopefully he can keep up the good work and continue to improve his blocking so we can "weather the storm" of these losses.
Snoddy is pretty good once he gets turned up field. That is the big thing for him. If he has to dance to make a play happen, it probably won't happen. However, his forward burst is pretty amazing and he is surprisingly physical once he gets going. Give him two steps north and south and he is an entirely different back. Every player on the defensive side for PITT misjudged his speed. They tried to whack him (instead of grab) a few times and barely made contact.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Surprisingly, Andrews has not played as big of a role at AB this season as his performance last season would indicate. We're pretty deep at AB right now with the emergence of Snoddy...which is good because Snoddy and Andrews are going to be needed at AB next year because we're so senior laden this year.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I've also been a bit surprised that Andrews, who is, imho, our most talent AB overall (not the best, just the most talented), has not seen the field more. I'm betting that Coach wishes he blocked better; that's usually it. Still, I hope he gets his share of snaps this week. We need him and he's got great talent with the ball in his hands.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Snoddy and Andrews will be great at AB next year but we'll still need someone who can block. I'm guessing Willis sees the field quite a bit. I think he's scrappy enough to be a solid blocker.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Would like to see the light turn on for Snoddy and Andrews with blocking. If that happens, they'll be on the field a good bit more.