Weather for the ACCCG

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I have an image in my mind of pretty boy Jameis in a rain coat huddled by a heater on the sideline while the muddy Jacket OL trench warriors grind out repeated death marches.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Cold and wet...not good conditions for those pretty boys from Tallahassee.

It's going to get real old for that front seven of FSU's when it's the 3rd/4th quarter and they hit the cold wet turf for the 50th time after getting cut to ground all game.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
That weather’s not good for us either. The last thing we need is to be fumbling the ball. Even if we aren’t fumbling, the rain can cause us to have to run our offense a step slower just to ensure we don’t fumble. FSU has an advantage in that when the ball leaves their QB’s hands badly, it’s just an incompletion whereas ours is a fumble.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
That weather’s not good for us either. The last thing we need is to be fumbling the ball. Even if we aren’t fumbling, the rain can cause us to have to run our offense a step slower just to ensure we don’t fumble. FSU has an advantage in that when the ball leaves their QB’s hands badly, it’s just an incompletion whereas ours is a fumble.
What about the ball leaving their Center's hands? Shotgun snaps in wet weather are possibly as hard to execute and catch as under center snaps and mesh exchanges.

Besides, if Laskey or Synjyn fumbles the ball they will just command it to rise up again into their hands. The two-headed monster that is now in full effect will not be denied.

And getting Thomas to fumble the ball after last Saturday will be as easy as getting Sean Bedford's ACC Championship ring off of him.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I have routinely heard about rain being a problem for our offense and only seen it affect our opponents offense worse (during the regular season).

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I've always felt rain hurts a passing attack more because the ball typically travels further and faster on a pass than it does on a toss or pitch and us thus harder to handle. My bro inlaw argues it hurts us more because we manipulate the ball more on most downs.

I say turn the sprinklers on and practice wet lol. I'm not looking forward to getting drenched though.

midga fan

Georgia Tech Fan
i hope you are correct that rain will stop before the game. Ball security is critical for us. Like CPJ said if we hang on to the ball we will be a tough out for anyone.

Go Jackets!!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'm more worried about fumbling the mesh than errant pitches. Thomas is very deceptive on the mesh, it's one of his best weapons. A wet ball is much harder to pull when the Bback thinks it's a give.