We Won the Second Half!!!!!!

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
That is actually a very important point. It tells our guys that we can compete with the big boys and gives us some level of confidence heading into our next game. We played much better in the second half.

Go Jackets!

WreckedbyWhiskey

Georgia Tech Fan
Don't want to take anything away from our defense but it was more so about Clemson not executing in the 2nd half. They had tons of busted plays and missed passes that could've easily made the score worse than what it was.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Don't want to take anything away from our defense but it was more so about Clemson not executing in the 2nd half. They had tons of busted plays and missed passes that could've easily made the score worse than what it was.

Yeah, it's really hard to parse that though. How much of their ability to execute in the first quarter was a result of our D not disguising its play and playing vanilla-- which changed later?

I don't know the answer. It's like their D vs our O. Their D shut us down, but we also didn't execute very well.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought D played very well after the 1st quarter. It's as if CTR needs to see what they throw at us in order to come up with a good scheme to respond. Many criticize this, but I understand it. Look how well defense plays in the 2nd half of games. Perhaps Klimpsun also took its foot off the gas a little.

There's an old saying - "How it starts is how it goes." It was true in the 2011 game. It is true in probably 80% of the games. It was true last night. After the 2nd exchange of possessions I knew we were in trouble.