We need some Heroes

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We need some stars to emerge in 2014. Who will step up and perform for the masses on Offense.

I sure hope JT can step up or Byerly. There is no hard evidence that these two will be difference makers yet, but I will go ahead wave goodbye to the "double option". Both of these two have given me enough data to say they know how to run the option. Flash and Iron Man better get their game on!

OL... can DeVine show his inner Octavius? Is Shaq, AKA Thing, really apart of the fantastic four? The OL is where the we win or loose.

BB... Laskey! I think he gets better in 2014 beyond his present good achievements and is certainly our Captain America. I hope he can improve on his pass blocking. Custis, please put on your Hulk shirt and show us what you got.

AB... I see some blockers and we have hints at runner. Days utility sets him up as our Batman and I predict the defense will be shredded by Andrews Wolverine style? Perhaps Perkins will release his inner Beast.

Smelter needs to have the one handed catch that proves he really is spider man.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
JT will make some mistakes but he's our best shot as a play maker or difference maker. I think we've seen evidence of that.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
JazzyD95: I tend to agree with you. Football and all sports mesh better when it is a team sport, no heroes. Of course, there are always some players who stand out because of their ability and/or effort, but each player is just as important as the next player as long as he is doing his job to the best of his ability. My hero would be the team, not an individual. Leaders!!!! Yes, there is always the need for good leaders on any team. Personally, I am not a hero worshipper!

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
JazzyD95: I tend to agree with you. Football and all sports mesh better when it is a team sport, no heroes. Of course, there are always some players who stand out because of their ability and/or effort, but each player is just as important as the next player as long as he is doing his job to the best of his ability. My hero would be the team, not an individual. Leaders!!!! Yes, there is always the need for good leaders on any team. Personally, I am not a hero worshipper!

If this is true, I hope I do not see any posts from you complaining about top recruits in the future. The reality is every team needs 3 stars on each side of the ball. You can choose to not worship them, but they elevate the quality of the team that you DO worship.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A true Hero is someone you look up to and aspire to be like. We need those Heroes that accomplish so much people MUST write about them, that team members push to match, and that every person wants to pay money to wear their shirt and watch them in person. No we do not need show boats, drama kings, and un-sportsman like behavior.... these are not Heroes, but spoiled people with great athletic talent.

Yes, we need our heroes and their goofy nick names when they earn them!

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure we want heroes. My father and all the other WWII veterans I knew said that the heroes were the ones that didn't come back. That would mean that all the heroes have left us.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
biggfan: You have completely misunderstood me, I do not worship Georgia Tech. They are my favorite team, but UGA is my second favorite team. The closest player to being a hero at GT in the past few years is Roddy Jones. All I heard about him was that he was an outstanding young man who thought of others before himself.

Actually, I worship no team, I am basically a fan of good coaching and have watched and continue to watch most D1 games on TV. The only reason I became a Tech fan was the fact that I started following GT football when Bobby Dodd became Head Coach. He was not only a good football coach, he was an outstanding person.

My heroes of today are those in the military fighting for the freedom of this country, and the freedom of those suppressed by evil leaders in foreign countries.

Of individuals, the biggest hero over the past 50 years in America has been Billy Graham and his wife Ruth.