We need our thing

Schlandy

Georgia Tech Fan
Change pace with me for a second.
You know how VT has enter sandman, Bama has Dixieland delight, Wisconsin jump around, Michigan Mr. Brightside. In 4 years when Tech is preseason top 25 and Bobby Dodd is filled back up, i wish we had something like that. Yes we do have Budweiser, and it’s awesome, but for something more. What are some yalls ideas for a song or chant or something. I’m liking the idea of Ramblin man by the Allman Brothers (song about Georgia and you know our whole ramble thing) but I’m not sure it’s hype enough for a stadium entrance. Maybe something by OutKast? Atliens?(André 3000 is a fan) idk. Thought it would be a fun ask.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I don't think those schools really made the decisions for those to become their "thing" in advance - it becoming a thing just happened naturally. It's not super unique but the crowd really responded to Seven Nation Army during the UNC game last season and got super hyped every time it came on. And I believe we've played Welcome to Atlanta as an entrance song in recent years but it's not really hype at all to be honest.

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
"Put On" really seemed like it could have been our thing with a strong Atlanta connection but they stopped playing it regularly. Probably just because of timing when I was a student, but it felt like a song that we really could have owned and at least for people my generation seemed pretty "hype" in the context of a football game.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Maybe something by OutKast? Atliens?(André 3000 is a fan) idk. Thought it would be a fun ask.

LOL...the grey hairs would revolt!

On a related note, when I was in HS, I went to watch my buddy (who went on to play fullback for UGA) at Lovett HS play during a bye week . The team entered the stadium to Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight." It was absolutely electric, and their stadium isn't that big for a HS stadium.

If GT can get it right without breaking tradition, we can absolutely have a "thing".

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m sure I killed the brain cells that once recalled this… but when did all the way turnt up fizzle out? I remember it vividly during the 2009 season… it’s not my style of music but at least we’re marked safe from anything by insane clown posse *cough* tarholes

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
"Put On" really seemed like it could have been our thing with a strong Atlanta connection but they stopped playing it regularly. Probably just because of timing when I was a student, but it felt like a song that we really could have owned and at least for people my generation seemed pretty "hype" in the context of a football game.
I definitely thought this was our thing
Was sad when I realized it was gone

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I’m sure I killed the brain cells that once recalled this… but when did all the way turnt up fizzle out? I remember it vividly during the 2009 season… it’s not my style of music but at least we’re marked safe from anything by insane clown posse *cough* tarholes
I was thinking this as well when I opened this thread. This used to play on the video board at BDS in 2011 and probably could be considered the colloquial end of All the Way Turnt Up. Need to bring back the night game seizure flashing graphics when opponents are driving towards the South end zone :ROFLMAO: I believe UVA still does that on defense for basketball games.

One other thing - that VT entrance lives up to the hype and then some live but it's not just Enter Sandman. The entrance ritual begins a few minutes before Enter Sandman with this steady but driving clapping beat from God's Gonna Cut You Down by Johnny Cash. Then it fades out, and they start a stadium wide "LET'S GOOOOOO....HOOOOKIEEEEES" call and response, and then the opening guitar riff to Enter Sandman kicks in and the place releases its several minute build into full mayhem. It's really well chained together - chill inducing college football perfection. Every college football fan should experience it as a bucket list item.

Last edited:

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I’d be perfectly happy with a video of a Derrick Moore speech.

On another note, does anyone else find it not only funny but also appropriate that the song u(sic)ga uses to welcome fans to the campus and games is “Baba O’Riley”, aka “teenage wasteland”?

Schlandy

Georgia Tech Fan
I rember. It was awesome

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
All the way Turnt Up could’ve been one of our things. But then we just stopped doing it for some odd reason. The GTAA is a mess :(

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Doing some more thought on this since it's a lazy Saturday. The city is full of sound designers since Atlanta is Hollywood East - contract this job out to one of them for $5,000 - you'd make back the cost in additional concessions sold just from making the entrance something fans would get FOMO from missing it. There are about 5,000 people inside Bobby Dodd when the wreck enters the field at this point.

Part 1 - Ominous song with a driving beat: - pull the drum beat forward in the mix so people clap to it.

Part 2 - Fade out the music as the cheerleaders start up the "YELLOW...JACKETS" chant

Part 3 - Hype song of some sort (a la Enter Sandman) - at the apex of the intro, release the Wreck/team onto the field.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
During GOL tenure I remember.the stadium.playing Taking Care of Business just before the team came out. Cheerleaders were rocking it on the sidelines.

minorityoption

Georgia Tech Fan
You know how VT has enter sandman, Bama has Dixieland delight, Wisconsin jump around, Michigan Mr. Brightside. In 4 years when Tech is preseason top 25 and Bobby Dodd is filled back up, i wish we had something like that. Yes we do have Budweiser, and it’s awesome, but for something more. What are some yalls ideas for a song or chant or something. I’m liking the idea of Ramblin man by the Allman Brothers (song about Georgia and you know our whole ramble thing) but I’m not sure it’s hype enough for a stadium entrance. Maybe something by OutKast? Atliens?(André 3000 is a fan) idk. Thought it would be a fun ask.
Tool or Rage Against the Machine

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Zombienation Tech History we did this in the early 2010's. Bring it back

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I’d be perfectly happy with a video of a Derrick Moore speech.

On another note, does anyone else find it not only funny but also appropriate that the song u(sic)ga uses to welcome fans to the campus and games is “Baba O’Riley”, aka “teenage wasteland”?
2014 Miami intro. Was awesome

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Knuck If Ya Buck is similar in that it was “hype” and felt like “our” song but they overplayed the hell out of it. It hit hard when they played it 3Q v UNC last year, not so much when they play it pregame 15 minutes before we kick off against SC State.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
By the way, LSU has their thing as well. They play”Calling Baton Rouge” by Garth Brooks and the stadium erupts. It is also played a few minutes BEFORE team entry, so it’s part of a suite of stuff they do, but it revs the crowd up the most (until the fireworks when the Tigers enter the field).