We made our FIRST TOP TEN! (Rankings Thread)

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc

I don't understand how Mizzou can be talked about making a playoff and Tech can't. I would put our two losses way over theirs. Week 15 Playoff picture should have Tech as a possibility. If Mizzou has a chance then by God we do too. I mean really. They lost to Indiana!!!

Yeah, UGA shut out Missouri 34-0 and we just beat UGA so I can't see how anyone would put them over us with a straight face.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Am I reading this right? AP poll has a 3 loss UGA team that we just beat at their own house not only ahead of us, but still in the top 10?

And a FOUR LOSS auburn team is a top 15 team and ahead of us?

Am I misunderstanding something? How many losses could Auburn have pulled off and stayed in the top 25? 6? 7?

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
New AP poll isn't out yet. The one that has Auburn and Georgia ahead of us is from last week. When the rankings that actually matter come out (the CFP rankings), I'd expect to see the Jackets either #9 or #10. We'll definitely jump Wisconsin on the basis of that Georgia win, and there's a good chance we jump either Kansas State or Mississippi State as well. In terms of chances of actually making the playoff, we're probably 8th, as we'd definitely jump Mississippi State, Kansas State, and Michigan State if we beat the Noles for the ACC championship.

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
Well, it depends on how you look at I guess. If by mother, you just mean "that which gives birth" and not "that which gives the female genetic material", then sure. If a surrogate gave birth to a human baby though, I don't know that we'd necessarily consider her the mother of the child. Regardless, we're probably a little off-topic here.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
CFP Poll usually putts us higher than AP. My only explanation for that is maybe the value our current win streak a little more. (I think at this point "A win is a Win" for them.) And the SOS doesn't really matter, (Excluding ugag and Clemsuk Games.)

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
How can Ugag, MisssSt, only drop that far and how in a blue moon is LSU and Auburn still ranked?

SEC West teams are actually all underrated in the polls. Top-to-bottom, it's pretty clearly the toughest division in history. I'd have Missississippi State #6, Auburn #12, Georgia #14, and LSU #17.

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
Sagarin rankings are pretty objective, and while I'd say they probably overrate the SEC somewhat due to over-valuing a small sample of inter-conference games between good teams, they actually have five of the top seven (!) teams from the SEC.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
SEC West teams are actually all underrated in the polls. Top-to-bottom, it's pretty clearly the toughest division in history. I'd have Missississippi State #6, Auburn #12, Georgia #14, and LSU #17.
Based on what? The eye test? They don't play a whole lot of good teams outside the their conference. Sorry, but not buying it