We Close the 2023 Regular Season at BC

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
From the media guide -
Carrying the momentum of its first Atlantic Coast Conference road win of the season, Georgia Tech finishes out its regular season schedule at 2:30 p.m. Saturday with another road opportunity against Boston College at the Silvio O. Conte Forum.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think the one decent point made in the article is that the program is moving sideways and is not making real improvement after 7 years.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Our Tuesday matchup is the loser of FSU and VT. Our potential Wednesday matchups are Duke, Clemson, or Pitt should we win Tuesday.

FSU > VT
Duke > UNC
Clemson > ND
UVA > Louisville
Miami > Pitt

That would give us VT and Pitt if we win Tuesday. I don't want anything to do with the gelling Duke team or Clemson playing for their NCAAT lives. We just saw what they did to NCSU a week ago in that spot.

bhoffman123

Georgia Tech Fan
Game time.
E94933E2-CDE7-47EE-92CF-B8EB8186B087.jpeg

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Our Tuesday matchup is the loser of FSU and VT. Our potential Wednesday matchups are Duke, Clemson, or Pitt should we win Tuesday.

FSU > VT
Duke > UNC
Clemson > ND
UVA > Louisville
Miami > Pitt

That would give us VT and Pitt if we win Tuesday. I don't want anything to do with the gelling Duke team or Clemson playing for their NCAAT lives. We just saw what they did to NCSU a week ago in that spot.
FSU over VPISU?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Ugly game, kind of looked like they didn't care until Pastner woke them up at the under 8 minute timeout. But it's gas stations all around so no worries.

"Don't bother stepping on that bus if you aren't packed through [next] Sunday!"

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Nice road win!!! Team played a very unselfish game today. There were several times where guys gave up a good shot for a better shot, which led to an open 3! I’ve always been a Sturdy fan. He plays with such great pace.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Good win. Way to finish the reg season strong. I agree that sturdy is really playing well of late. Scoring coming from lots of players… starters at least, since there are no subs. If deebo wasn’t ice cold from 3, we would be winning these games going away. He is playing well in other ways though. And the rest of the team is making 3’s at a higher rate than is probably sustainable, so I guess it all evens out.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
We’ve undoubtedly been playing much better in the last 8-10 games. Could we get an NIT bid with a R1 win in the tourney?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Started with a set line up that included Franklin. Really happy for the players and their effort. They could have folded after that losing streak. There is talent on this team but it sure took a while to figure it out.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I think part of why we have finished well the past couple years has to do with our ACC schedule. Every year we start with a very top heavy schedule. Our first part of the ACC schedule included UNC, UVA, Miami, Clemson (twice), Pitt, & Duke. Saying that, we should have beaten FSU, ND, and Louisville in that stretch. No excuses for those losses. The end of our ACC schedule has been ND, VT, Louisville, Syracuse, and BC. To me, those final games are much more winnable games than the earlier games.