We are 50 days out!

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Somehow, I missed this rule change which just passed a few weeks ago.

You can view it in a couple of different ways.

It could help schools that have been playing by the rules to catch up to those that weren’t. More parity!

Schools with deep pockets can now have unlimited on-field coaches. The rich get richer!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
If we can beat 2 out of 4 of FSU, L'ville, Miami, UNC, I figure we have a good chance to get 7 wins by beating GSU, Syracuse, VMI, Duke, and either VT or NCSU. So beating FSU in our first game will be a huge step towards that goal. I can't remember when my preseason koolaid has tasted so good.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone else think this team has the potential to have a total Cinderella story?

Like Washington last year just out-offensing everyone?

Are my glasses becoming too fogged with gold out of excitement?

Am I still drunk from yesterday?
Could happen. Hope springs eternal before the first game. Watch Bowling Green and Clemson from last year...that will bring you down to earth soon enough. This team will go as far as the defense and special teams will take it. Improved tackling by the secondary is an absolute must. The defensive linemen have to get stronger and in better shape. A lot of improvement before this team makes a move to national prominence.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Biggest improvement will come from reducing his throws into coverage. I think it comes from trying a little too hard to make a play.
Can't say I blame him. There were times when he was probably thinking, if we don't score on just about every other possession we are going to lose. Sure he was pressing. If you were a quarterback watching that defense you would be pressured too.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Can't say I blame him. There were times when he was probably thinking, if we don't score on just about every other possession we are going to lose. Sure he was pressing. If you were a quarterback watching that defense you would be pressured too.
The other defense lines up - with play called the center call the blocking and the qb call out pass coverage while the MLB call b out defense.

Imo, early in year and in certian games ( 4 int in one game ouch) the qb and wr were not on same page in the route and the route adjustments that were supposed to happen. Too often saw defender being brought into area of primary reciever.

This year

1. That said with qb and oc in the second year of the offense, and with deeper wr room we should be able to be coordinated. I asked a person very knowledgeable of players and program ""with where we are what will adding the helmet communications to qb be for our offense? IT COULD BE A HUGE ADVANTAGE.

2. Sorry but I must compare TFP who would blow bs saying players are NFL level with Coach Key's no bs approach. Key just said the King is the best qb in a very qb talented conference.

3 We face a number of top teams w new QB.

Imo, the comms helmet (1) is going to be huge for us because w have great (2) qb and we face other teams getting to know each other.

All we need is some straight up pass blocking that regularly gives a clean pocket at 5 seconds.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
If we can beat 2 out of 4 of FSU, L'ville, Miami, UNC, I figure we have a good chance to get 7 wins by beating GSU, Syracuse, VMI, Duke, and either VT or NCSU. So beating FSU in our first game will be a huge step towards that goal. I can't remember when my preseason koolaid has tasted so good.
I agree, last year our first game vs. Louisville really took the steam out of a fast start, beating FSU will reverse that. I've been disconnected over the summer months and looking at the calendar I'm starting to get hyped.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
The other defense lines up - with play called the center call the blocking and the qb call out pass coverage while the MLB call b out defense.

Imo, early in year and in certian games ( 4 int in one game ouch) the qb and wr were not on same page in the route and the route adjustments that were supposed to happen. Too often saw defender being brought into area of primary reciever.

This year

1. That said with qb and oc in the second year of the offense, and with deeper wr room we should be able to be coordinated. I asked a person very knowledgeable of players and program ""with where we are what will adding the helmet communications to qb be for our offense? IT COULD BE A HUGE ADVANTAGE.

2. Sorry but I must compare TFP who would blow bs saying players are NFL level with Coach Key's no bs approach. Key just said the King is the best qb in a very qb talented conference.

3 We face a number of top teams w new QB.

Imo, the comms helmet (1) is going to be huge for us because w have great (2) qb and we face other teams getting to know each other.

All we need is some straight up pass blocking that regularly gives a clean pocket at 5 seconds.
And, going into the season, the OL is one of our returning strong suits ...

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
It's been a loooong time since we began a season with this much confidence in the offensive line.
I feels like 1996 all over again. We had the replacement year (1994) and the transition year (1995) where we broke .500. As it turned out, 1996 was a challenge with Joe’s injury, barely missing a bowl, but still a solid year. Then to 1997 and beyond.

Then again, maybe we’re advanced a year in that comparison and last season was equivalent to 1997, with the bowl and all. Could we be looking at a 1998-type year?