WBB Postseason!

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Got invited to play in the NCAA sanctioned WBIT

Screenshot_20240317_213121_DuckDuckGo.jpg

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
If you aren't going to show up, you may as well turn down the invitation to the tournament. I didn't watch any of it, so I don't know if that is a completely fair statement.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Nicole Melious, a former GT commit, is in the portal. She averaged 11 ppg at LaSalle and was on the A10 all rookie team. She hit 35% 3p% and 80% FT% and played 30 mpg. She is still followed by Nell Fortner and Blanche Alverson and Lasondra Barrett. LaSalle was an awful team this year and she was their star.

Her hometown is Staten Island, NY. She decommitted from GT because of her mother's health issues.

Lightbulb

Jolly Good Fellow
She was a GT commit before deciding to stay closer to her ill mother. Is the all time HS scoring leader in NYC hoops.

I followed her season at LaSalle and she really came on down the stretch. While I agree with GTrob21 that we need a beast in the paint, I certainly wouldn't mind bringing Nicole in. Unfortunately, we don't seem to be one of the 6 schools listed in that article.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Nicole Melious, a former GT commit, is in the portal. She averaged 11 ppg at LaSalle and was on the A10 all rookie team. She hit 35% 3p% and 80% FT% and played 30 mpg. She is still followed by Nell Fortner and Blanche Alverson and Lasondra Barrett. LaSalle was an awful team this year and she was their star.

Her hometown is Staten Island, NY. She decommitted from GT because of her mother's health issues.
Seton Hall. No idea if the choice is related to her mother’s health but not surprised at all she ended up in the portal.

Tom

Georgia Tech Fan
Geno can complain about this call for the next ten years, but it was the correct call. What is more appropriate is to wonder why the officiating in the Women's March Madness is so incredibly bad. Clark bulldozed a UConn player in route to a mid-range jumper and there was no call.

He has a right to complain. The referee didn’t make the wrong call. But as you pointed out, the refs didn’t establish a consistency on what was allowed and what wasn’t. UConn had been doing those moving picks all game long. In fact, there were more obvious ones on just the possessions before that last one. So why now call it? So I feel for the UConn coach & players but referee didn’t make the wrong call. Though they should’ve called it earlier in the game to establish consistency.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
He has a right to complain. The referee didn’t make the wrong call. But as you pointed out, the refs didn’t establish a consistency on what was allowed and what wasn’t. UConn had been doing those moving picks all game long. In fact, there were more obvious ones on just the possessions before that last one. So why now call it? So I feel for the UConn coach & players but referee didn’t make the wrong call. Though they should’ve called it earlier in the game to establish consistency.
On a screen, the screener’s feet cannot be more than shoulder width spare. Look at the picture and you can see Edward’s feet were about twice shoulder width. Add tge chicken wing and the late mine ment to get into position there are 3 separate reasons it was a foul. Must call foul.

bgeorge12

Georgia Tech Fan
Geno can complain about this call for the next ten years, but it was the correct call. What is more appropriate is to wonder why the officiating in the Women's March Madness is so incredibly bad. Clark bulldozed a UConn player in route to a mid-range jumper and there was no call.

You can argue whether that was illegal from both sides. What you cannot argue is this insanity of illegal pick calls and the continued impact this had on games. It actually started in the Bobby Knight era. Players were actually getting injured during these years because of the blind picks being set and players being leveled. Now, fast forward 30 years and the slightest movement even in this case the arms of the picker raising to their chest to protect themselves from the defenders blasting into them. The officials now love this call. Their signal is now their favorite. It used to be the charge. Please NCAA AND HIGH SCHOOL OFFICIALS STOP THIS INSANITY! Nobody is getting injured on the nitpicking calls.