Way too early projection. UGA vs GT game time

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I've seen rumors that they will suit him up for a play against Ole Miss for a round of applause on their Senior Day and then put him back on ice for the regular season.
I would think they would want him to have some playing time before SEC Championship. So I think he will play but be held to a limited number of plays.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
They can afford a single loss and still make the playoffs. If they lose to Ole Miss, every game matters that much more, and he'll play every game to the end of the season if his injury allows it.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
How many "senior" days can a player have. You could have one as a true graduating senior, transfer with a year of eligibility and participate again at a second school. It's more like a "last year here" day now. It is a chance to honor players that are leaving and have finished participating in the program.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
First of all: why do y’all care so much, or at all really, about what Brock Bowers and Georgia do for their senior day? Second of all, he’s not even going to walk at senior day because he’s not a senior. So everybody that’s so concerned about the integrity of a “senior day” can chill out. It will be his last home game so they’ll probably run him on the field for a couple of plays and take him out so he can get a standing O from the crowd and that’s about it. Y’all are making a huge deal about nothing.

For folks that would be okay with Georgia coming off the schedule, some of you seem deeply invested in the goings on of their program

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Y’all are making a huge deal about nothing.

Tonight Show Work GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
To elaborate on this, it seems that there are four potential games that will be divided among the ACC's best TV slots that day:
u(sic)ga @ Tech
Clemson @ USC
UK @ Louisville
FSU @ UF
It can be difficult to pinpoint how the networks rank the TV slots in terms of desirability, but the way I see it, our game is almost certainly going to be the second-highest draw from a network perspective (behind FSU vs, UF). How that translates to the game time selection, I don't know. I haven't looked at what slots are available for that day, but I definitely wouldn't mind a 3:30 or 4:30 kick (I love the idea of setting up for a dramatic finish in the dark).
What ticks me off is that the game gets put on the $EC network when WE are the home team. Why doesn't that translate into being placed on the ACC network? Either way, my prediction is noon on the $EC network if recent history tells us anything....

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
What ticks me off is that the game gets put on the $EC network when WE are the home team. Why doesn't that translate into being placed on the ACC network? Either way, my prediction is noon on the $EC network if recent history tells us anything....
Why would you expect something different? ESPN owns the SEC and ACC networks. Which one has more subscribers? It's all about the $$s.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Why would you expect something different? ESPN owns the SEC and ACC networks. Which one has more subscribers? It's all about the $$s.
Oh you're 100% right. ESPN owns the south and the east. FOX has every other part of the country. It's really aggravating though because as soon as the SEC network was created, ESPN pushed the whole "it just means more" mantra and everybody bought in. Now, the ACC negotiates a contract with ESPN and instead of pushing the ACC, ESPN still only pushes the SEC. So much so, that when a ACC vs SEC matchup is played, it gets placed on the SEC network with very biased announcers favoring the SEC team. If ESPN were smart, they would push both products and then tout the SEC vs ACC games as heavyweight fights to further up the ROI money they would receive. Also, they would place these games played on ACC turf on the ACC Network to improve the network validity amongst new potential viewers. It's simple really, if the SEC team is home, put it on the SEC Network. If the ACC team is home, put it on the ACC Network. If it's a higher profile game, put it on ESPN, ESPN 2, or ABC.

Look, I know our football team has been hot garbage over the past few years, but when I turned on the tv to watch us play ugag, I didn't need announcers taking every break in the action to remind the viewers how bad we were and how great ugag was/is. It was painfully obvious on the field and didn't need any help from the announcers. If I want any chance at consuming a "disinterested" viewpoint, I might as well listen to our radio call. At least there they call the game pretty down the middle with a lean towards the Jackets.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
The COFH game hasn’t been on SEC Network since 2018 when it was in Athens, and it’s been on ABC 4 of the last 5 years we’ve played. I don’t think we’ve ever had a home COFH game be on the SEC Network so not really sure what recent history you’re talking about.

The game is either going to be at noon on ABC, or 3:30 on ESPN

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Oh you're 100% right. ESPN owns the south and the east. FOX has every other part of the country. It's really aggravating though because as soon as the SEC network was created, ESPN pushed the whole "it just means more" mantra and everybody bought in. Now, the ACC negotiates a contract with ESPN and instead of pushing the ACC, ESPN still only pushes the SEC. So much so, that when a ACC vs SEC matchup is played, it gets placed on the SEC network with very biased announcers favoring the SEC team. If ESPN were smart, they would push both products and then tout the SEC vs ACC games as heavyweight fights to further up the ROI money they would receive. Also, they would place these games played on ACC turf on the ACC Network to improve the network validity amongst new potential viewers. It's simple really, if the SEC team is home, put it on the SEC Network. If the ACC team is home, put it on the ACC Network. If it's a higher profile game, put it on ESPN, ESPN 2, or ABC.

Look, I know our football team has been hot garbage over the past few years, but when I turned on the tv to watch us play ugag, I didn't need announcers taking every break in the action to remind the viewers how bad we were and how great ugag was/is. It was painfully obvious on the field and didn't need any help from the announcers. If I want any chance at consuming a "disinterested" viewpoint, I might as well listen to our radio call. At least there they call the game pretty down the middle with a lean towards the Jackets.
So 2021, 2019, and 2017 were on ABC at noon and 2015 was on ESPN2 at noon. We've never played a home game on the SEC Network. The SECN was started in the 2014 season

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
So 2021, 2019, and 2017 were on ABC at noon and 2015 was on ESPN2 at noon. We've never played a home game on the SEC Network. The SECN was started in the 2014 season
You’re right. I should have done more research into my post before I made it. I guess I mixed up feeling with facts lol. I apologize and renounce my stance on the issue. Mods feel free to delete my errant posts

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
You’re right. I should have done more research into my post before I made it. I guess I mixed up feeling with facts lol. I apologize and renounce my stance on the issue. Mods feel free to delete my errant posts

If the mods here had to clean up every errant post there might be 4 or 5 a day the rest of us could look at and enjoy. ;)