Way too early projection. UGA vs GT game time

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
To elaborate on this, it seems that there are four potential games that will be divided among the ACC's best TV slots that day:
u(sic)ga @ Tech
Clemson @ USC
UK @ Louisville
FSU @ UF
It can be difficult to pinpoint how the networks rank the TV slots in terms of desirability, but the way I see it, our game is almost certainly going to be the second-highest draw from a network perspective (behind FSU vs, UF). How that translates to the game time selection, I don't know. I haven't looked at what slots are available for that day, but I definitely wouldn't mind a 3:30 or 4:30 kick (I love the idea of setting up for a dramatic finish in the dark).

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
To elaborate on this, it seems that there are four potential games that will be divided among the ACC's best TV slots that day:
u(sic)ga @ Tech
Clemson @ USC
UK @ Louisville
FSU @ UF
It can be difficult to pinpoint how the networks rank the TV slots in terms of desirability, but the way I see it, our game is almost certainly going to be the second-highest draw from a network perspective (behind FSU vs, UF). How that translates to the game time selection, I don't know. I haven't looked at what slots are available for that day, but I definitely wouldn't mind a 3:30 or 4:30 kick (I love the idea of setting up for a dramatic finish in the dark).
Counterpoint: Choker/Dies Irae as the sun is setting in the 4th quarter is the scariest thing a college football team can hear. I hate the Pups but they have a damn good intimidating 3rd down song.

I'm rooting for an 8pm kick but letting people drink for 12 hours before COFH might be a liability worry.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Found this on SaturdayDownSouth.com (https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/updated-sec-kickoff-times-week-13/):

Week 13 SEC kickoff times (Nov. 28 unless noted; all times EST)​

• Mizzou at Arkansas, 3:30 p.m., CBS (FRIDAY)
  • Louisville at Kentucky, Noon, SEC Network
  • Clemson at South Carolina, Noon, ESPN or ESPN2
  • Georgia at Georgia Tech, Noon or 3:30 p.m., ABC, ESPN or ESPN2
  • Alabama at Auburn, 3:30 p.m., CBS
  • Vanderbilt at Tennessee, 4 p.m., SEC Network
  • Ole Miss at Miss. St., 7:15 p.m., ESPN2
  • Florida State at Florida, 7:30 p.m., ESPN
  • Texas A&M at LSU, 7:30 p.m., SEC Network
I hope we are able to win our next two and grab that 3:30 ABC timeslot. I agree with @bucknellbison31 that a dramatic finish in the dark would be pretty cool.
This is from 8 years ago I think. Our game is on the 25th, not the 28th.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I played golf with 3 dawg's yesterday. The one with the most knowledge about the team thinks if they lose to Ole Miss Saturday and UT beats Missouri, Bowers will play in the UGA/UT game week 11. Otherwise he thinks his first return will be against us. This is not what I have been hearing.

colton

Georgia Tech Fan
I played golf with 3 dawg's yesterday. The one with the most knowledge about the team thinks if they lose to Ole Miss Saturday and UT beats Missouri, Bowers will play in the UGA/UT game week 11. Otherwise he thinks his first return will be against us. This is not what I have been hearing.
This is just conjecture, but I think that uga would be likely to sit Bowers against us, even if he is ready, as they don't want him to aggravate his injury before a potential SEC title/playoff appearance.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
This is just conjecture, but I think that uga would be likely to sit Bowers against us, even if he is ready, as they don't want him to aggravate his injury before a potential SEC title/playoff appearance.
Good point, but I can see both sides. An extra week of rest would be the safer choice before the SEC championship game but to give him some game time before the championship would be a big benefit.
I can easily see him, in limited duty at least, playing against us if he is indeed ready.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I've seen rumors that they will suit him up for a play against Ole Miss for a round of applause on their Senior Day and then put him back on ice for the regular season.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
No ****. Doesn’t make him a Senior
What makes you think “Senior Day” matters in the current state of college football. Teams like UGA want their best players to get a moment where the crowd gives them their appreciation. Times have changed.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Senior days are meant to honor SA's who have earned a degree or, will be graduating, and will not be returning the following year, eg. our own Dontae. Sure, if the dawgs, or any school wishes, they can make exceptions but it detracts from the honor in my opinion.

Last edited: