Waller and Smelter Articles

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That spider chart in the Waller article was very cool. I have not seen a graphic representation of a player's physical tools relative to his peers at an individual position like that before.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer

tugdog235

Georgia Tech Fan
Smelter's article talks about him potentially being game ready during the season and 163 people still think he'll retire before next year? I don't see it.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Smelter's article talks about him potentially being game ready during the season and 163 people still think he'll retire before next year? I don't see it.

Yeah, I don't know why that was even an option. "None of the Above" would have been more applicable.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
From the Waller article I love that the author makes this point:

"His run blocking acumen, however, bolstered by the sheer amount of experience he gained while playing in a triple-option offense in college, should only serve to boost his chances of seeing the field."

Hear that HS WR's . . . don't let the "all you do is block" line sway you when Cutcliffe or others throw it at you. Don't listen because a) getting good at blocking makes you a tough and physical s.o.b. which makes you more physically desirable for the NFL and b) being good at it can get you on the field faster in the NFL!!!

Squints

Helluva Engineer

Yeah, I don't know why that was even an option. "None of the Above" would have been more applicable.

The article is from SBNation's 49er blog. The 49ers have been slammed with departures this offseason and they include three sudden retirements. They're trying to make light of that. It's a joke and some of the readers are playing along.

It's been a rough couple months to be a niner fan. :cry:

Last edited:

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Yep. Just heard that great news. He's done and if he's not he should be. Dude has got a problem.

The worst off-season of all time just keeps getting worse.
At least you're not a Raiders fan! I grew up in LA during the Marcus Allen/Bo Jackson years, so I've had my heart ripped out by my team quite a few times. At least your team's had some success in the last 10 years, we've been on a downward spiral since the Tuck Rule game.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
The article is from SBNation's 49er blog. The 49ers have been slammed with departures this offseason and they include three sudden retirements. They're trying to make light of that. It's a joke and some of the readers are playing along.

It's been a rough couple months to be a niner fan. :cry:

Wow, yeah that completely went over my head. I can't remember an NFL team's offseason ever being this bad. Aldon Smith really should be banned from the NFL in my opinion.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Keep doing that good work, Darren! It might start getting much easier to recruit big time WRs if these guys impress.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Waller Shines in Perriman’s Absence

Perriman Out, Waller In

The Ravens’ wide receiver corps has gone through a bit of adversity through the first full week of camp. First-round draft pickBreshad Perriman missed his seventh-straight practice on Friday while Marlon Brown continues to recover from a nerve issue in his back.

The absences of both Perriman and Brown have opened up the door for several of the young wideouts and rookie Darren Waller is making the most of it. Standing 6-6, Waller had another solid day catching passes despite several off-target throws, which showcased his agility for a receiver his size.

During one on one drills, Waller hauled in an impressive over the shoulder catch for a touchdown after running a double move on cornerback Kyle Arrington.

Waller, Campanaro and Jeremy Butler all saw reps with the first team offense with Steve Smith Sr. (vet day off) not practicing. DeAndre Carter also turned in a nice performance.