Walker Kessler leaving UNC?

Deleted member 2897

Wow. If that one is true, would love to see Reveno work with him.

Would someone like Virginia be the lead here? I know Kessler is from outside Atlanta, but I seem to remember he loved Virginia during the recruitment. And both Huff and Hauser are seniors. He'd have a high likelihood of getting playing time there.

Dude has all 4 years of eligibility left correct? This would be the kind of transfer you want to get.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Would someone like Virginia be the lead here? I know Kessler is from outside Atlanta, but I seem to remember he loved Virginia during the recruitment. And both Huff and Hauser are seniors. He'd have a high likelihood of getting playing time there.

Dude has all 4 years of eligibility left correct? This would be the kind of transfer you want to get.
Like he wouldn’t get playing time here??

hope he doesn’t decide on dads alma mater.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
My gut says Kentucky because of course it does.

I would love for him to come here, return the seniors, and allow Moses and Usher to play their more natural positions.

But I have 0 belief that is even in the realm of possibility.

Deleted member 2897

Like he wouldn’t get playing time here??

hope he doesn’t decide on dads alma mater.

No, not like that. But we have 2 centers who now have playing time and experience and relationships with this coaching staff under their belt. To Kessler, part of his decision is going to likely be based on what confidence he has towards the easiest path to playing time and what existing competition is around.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Crean is trying to get out of Athens so it won’t be UGA I imagine. Auburn finished 2nd in his recruitment but they have freshman Jt Thor and incoming 5 star jabari smith both at the forward/center spots so it won’t be them I imagine either. I could very well see tech since reveno has worked wonders with big men.

Deleted member 2897

Crean is trying to get out of Athens so it won’t be UGA I imagine. Auburn finished 2nd in his recruitment but they have freshman Jt Thor and incoming 5 star jabari smith both at the forward/center spots so it won’t be them I imagine either. I could very well see tech since reveno has worked wonders with big men.

This is part of why it can take several years to truly turn a program around.

If you're Kessler a few years ago, you don't think twice about Tech. But then you see Lammers and you're like...well, 1 data point doesn't make a trend. Oh, James Banks got defender of the year in the ACC too? Hmmmm. And now Moses Wright player of the year. That's enough of a trend that you know its legit. But its taken 5 years to finish that painting.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Just looking, UNC boards are talking a lot about Kessler to go to Gonzaga or auburn. It is early but it’s interesting

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Wait, what? Auburn has a player named Thor? Forget Kessler...we need to convince Thor to transfer to GT!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I thought about adding a "bring the hammer" wisecrack to my post, but I figured I'd let some other poor sap do the dirty work. ;)

If we didn't have bad jokes, how would we know what the good ones are?

gyw.gif

(Oh no, my 1yr old watched me post that gif and is doing this hand motion to me now. It's the most adorably troubling thing I've ever seen. #DadoftheYear?)

ETA: Ok good, link didn't work. Here's your gif payoff ...

welcome.gif

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Day'Ron Sharp has declared for the draft. First report says he is forgoing the rest of his college eligibility but that could be wrong/rescinded.