Wake

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Dang I missed the game and didn't even DVR it. Glad we won.

As an aside, kinda funny how the Syracuse loss is still on the front page of the site. Savoring that one a lil bit, @CuseJacket? ;)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
What do you think Cuse's title should be for his write-up of this game?

Example:
GT's Seniors Hold-Off WF's Freshmen​

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I can rebuke this conspiracy theory. You'll only see articles for the games I cover in person. Syracuse is the last I attended. Have no fear, I should make 1 or 2 more this year, so get ready for a wild ride.
On the other hand, odds appear good that Peacone and others have already predicted the story line of those write-ups.

FYI - the 03-04 team write-up was done 99% due to the COFH game recap on the front page. It was sitting there too long.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I have no doubt our offense is poorly designed but Smith was never the most overly efficient scorer. Last year he was sitting at 1.23 points per shot where the average for guys in the top 10, excluding him, in the ACC, of 3 point fg% was 1.37. Right now he is sitting at 1.16. The top 10 ACC 3 point shooters by percentage are averaging 1.38, and the top 8 are 1.43. Over the last 8 is has taken 113 FGA and scored 122 points or 1.08 points per shot. To put that in perspective, this year GT is 268th in the country in points per shot at 1.21 pps. And 1.08 pps would be "good" for 344th in the nation in that category as a team. To me it seems clear based on his play that he came here because he saw an opportunity to shoot as much as he wants. I wouldn't be surprised if his starting on the bench was a message.

you are probably right,he came here to shoot but honestly getting the Off reb has been about the best thing we do as a team consistently--so he fits--plus he is sure something we haven't had -an athletic SG with 3 pt range