Waiting on Beesball

GruffyMcGuiness

Georgia Tech Fan
Why didn't Kel get drafted? So high in PerfectBaseball ranking ....... home school?
A mutual friend of ours said he told everyone he wouldn't sign unless it was a top 5 pick or if the Braves drafted him. Not sure if true and never asked him. He played at EC during the summer so playing for Citadels/The Campus shouldn't have made much of a difference. Glad we have him though. He said when he was 13 he wanted to play at Tech.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm really looking forward to Kel's batting. Danny Hall / staff will probably help him get to the pros. I'm really glad we held onto a Perfect Game top 100 player too. If he has wanted to come to GT since he was 13, that makes it all the better.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Since not a lot going on in Beesball, here's a post I put in football under Brad Stewart's epic thread. I guess he could have a football scholarship and play baseball part time on no scholarship?

"Here's his Perfect Game bio - OF first and RHP second. http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=338679

Perfect Game rates him as a 9.0 which means he has "potential" to be drafted in the top 10 rounds of the MLB draft. Nothing personal but unless he is an elite player who can quickly make the big $$ in the MLB and not stay in the monors, but he would be an idiot to go to the minors and make no $ and miss out on a free education anywhere. Seeing as he's a good student all indications are that he will end up in college.

Good luck!"

When the "spirits" tell me to. (The keg is dead and I'm going to wait till Beesball to get another. But I have a plan B.)

I'll start a thread once we get the roster. Many people on here know a lot more than I do. But I like surfing the web during the games ..... we are really lucky to have one of the best baseball programs in the country. One of these days we'll do well in the CWS.
Not while Coach Hall is calling the shots. He tightens up in in big games and it rubs off on his players. Sorry not being a negative Nancy, just curbing my enthusiasm. Been down this road ten too many times.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not while Coach Hall is calling the shots. He tightens up in in big games and it rubs off on his players. Sorry not being a negative Nancy, just curbing my enthusiasm. Been down this road ten too many times.

The statistics support us not doing as well in CWS. But why we don't is anyone's guess. I don't think Hall was tight at all last year; especially compared to previous years.

New season and I have typical low expectations but a lot of hope. They sure surprised to the upside last year.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
FWIW, FTRS started their Beesball previews this week. Looks like they've already got something about the incoming freshmen and a preview of the infield