VT vs FSU

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
VT is not good, especially that offense. If Coach Paul Johnson can keep his decision mistakes to a minimum, Georgia Tech can definitely beat them this year.

Remember how poorly coached Virginia Tech was in Atlanta last year in our victory. We had no business winning that game lol

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is clearly elite. That defense is will win games by themselves....but they have A LOT of offensive weapons to go with that defense. Tough for anyone in the ACC to keep pace with that. Right now, Clemson is the only team I'd consider a playoff contender in the ACC.

We'll see who the next tier of teams after Clemson will be. I wouldn't read too much one game into the season.

Miami could be OK, but they're probably going to be like the traditional Richt team. Win 9+/- games and show just enough to make you bet on them because Richt can recruit...and get burned.
VT, as of now, will probably get a lot of credit for beating a hyped Taggert FSU team.
I think Louisville will be better than average...they just had to play one of the few elite programs of the last decade, and probably one of the more talented Saban teams on both sides of the ball.

Don't be surprised to if BC and Syracuse do better than most people think. Syracuse can put up points, and BC actually looks half decent on the offensive side for once.

GT can be a player in the ACC. This is one of the better years for us in terms of opportunity. If we can have our usual top 30 offensive years, and the defense can play within range of our offense, I have no doubt we'll be in the ACCCG.

Way too many games left to draw any real conclusions though.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It’s amazing what a whole bunch of 5 stars on the FSU team couldn’t do last night.

Coaching — and the level of quality of coaching leadership — remains important.

Agreed.

But I really chimed in to say I dig the cutesy name of Willie Tagg's offense. C'mon, the "Gulfcoast" offense? Catchy.

Unfortunately the QB's passes weren't ... catchy. Here all week, folks.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Agreed.

But I really chimed in to say I dig the cutesy name of Willie Tagg's offense. C'mon, the "Gulfcoast" offense? Catchy.

If only it was just a week :inpain::arghh::sour::punch:

;)

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Agreed.

Like so much in football, the "Gulf Coast offense" moniker is not a new one. Back in the 1990s, when Florida A&M was pretty good under coach Billy Joe, it was the Rattlers piling up yards and points with the original "Gulf Coast Offense."
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/s...amus-joe-coined-gulf-coast-offense/864371002/

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I think Louisville will be better than average...they just had to play one of the few elite programs of the last decade, and probably one of the more talented Saban teams on both sides of the ball.
Yea I saw quite a few good things out of Louisville. They didn't do any worse than most the SEC will do against Bama.

Deleted member 2897

Clemson has what - 20 5-stars on their team? They had like 6 just in last years class alone. That alone will mark them elite in the ACC.