VPI - Game Balls

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
That's part of the point. If you never hear a DB's name other than on an INT then it's a great game.
*I do remember one deep ball where he was beating the WR to the ball and played it great.
That's my point. They threw away from DJ all day. Not many passes went his way. When you did hear his name it was because he was making plays.

thwgjacket

That's my point. They threw away from DJ all day. Not many passes went his way. When you did hear his name it was because he was making plays.
Ok I must have read it wrong. I was thinking you were saying DJ shouldn't be in the running because they didn't throw at him.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Offense: JT, duh
Defense: I'm gonna go with Corey Griffin. Had a great INT and also played pretty good coverage throughout the game.
ST: Milton and Butker (tie)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
As is apparent from so many different names brought forth, many players stepped up at times to make this victory happen. Quayshawn played very well in the first half and decent in the 2nd, Milton had some good plays on defense, but fell down on a couple of tackles and coverage, but was spectacular on ST, heard SG and AG disrupting in the backfield some with a 4-man rush, etc. We still have a long way to go to play up to our potential, but I'll take it one improving win at a time.

DenverJacket56

Georgia Tech Fan
Game ball for offense should go to the defense for bailing them out. The Paul Davis INT for TD and the stop and blocked field goal after the fumble saved us. Roof definitely had a better game plan today, and the defense showed up.
I think CPJ should fire the offensive coordinator, because he got out-schemed again by Bud Foster. I'm somewhat joking here.
In the end, both teams looked to be overall average and not elite in any way. I'll take the bragging rights for the year and the thought that we will continue to improve and play better every week. We DID look better today.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
My game ball goes to JT. You can't quantify the effect his clutch play and all out will to win has had on this team. The other game ball would of course go to the entire defense. They made play after play to keep the team in the game.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Game ball and a bit of recognition for JT:

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc
Georgia Tech quarterback Justin Thomas: Thomas' numbers will not jump off the page as a passer: He completed 7 of 18 throws for 125 yards and a touchdown during the Yellow Jackets' 27-24 win over Virginia Tech. His rushing numbers were much better: 22 carries for 165 yards and another touchdown. But Thomas made plays when it mattered most, leading yet another game-winning drive and helping the Yellow Jackets snap a four-game losing streak against Virginia Tech. Thomas bounced back from a rough start throwing (he lost a fumble as well) and completed 4 of his final 7 passes, relying heavily down the stretch on DeAndre Smelter (5 catches, 101 yards, TD), who himself deserves plenty of recognition in this space now. For all of its troubles, Georgia Tech is now 4-0 and in great position in the Coastal race, having fended off the Hokies on the road. (Special recognition in this game also goes to Virginia Tech linebacker Chase Thomas, who had the insane line of 17 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss and two quarterback hurries.)