Voluntary Snark Moratorium

Are you “in” for a voluntary snark moratorium through the new year?

• Total voters

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wait...if we are going to ignore snarky posts, shouldn't we all just put @kg01 on "Ignore" for the holidays?
Oh look, he said a funny ...

conup.gif

I guess those 8 years at clown school really paid off? Wait, you went to clown school? I didn't know you were a UGA grad. (haha)

.... et tu, brute? Et tu!!!?

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Done. I've disconnected the snark module. Only problem is that I find that sometimes when I have a nice holiday Gingersnap Old Fashioned that darn module just plugs back in all by itself. I'll have to watch out for that...

slugboy

Staff member
Done. I've disconnected the snark module. Only problem is that I find that sometimes when I have a nice holiday Gingersnap Old Fashioned that darn module just plugs back in all by itself. I'll have to watch out for that...
Post the recipe (or formula for the chemists)

Season 8 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

stressed bill murray GIF

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well, I would need a definition with clear instructions on when something becomes "snarky". I realize some stuff is obvious, but other stuff could be interpreted that way whether it was meant that way or not.
If by snarky, you mean sarcasm, then I probably will continue to not use the "ignore" button for that, because it makes me laugh at times.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It would be great if "gtswarm" could add a buttons besides "ignore" and tally them as the do "likes"
First button suggest = "Great Specific Info" - Abbreviation = "GSI"

Second button = "We get it. Stop posting the same thing everywhere" - Abbreviation "fcfcfcfc..." (used fire collins in lieu of bsbsbs for brad stewart- that was torture).

The percent of liked, GSI, fcfc posts would be a neat thing to see

totally against the ignore button

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Well, I would need a definition with clear instructions on when something becomes "snarky". I realize some stuff is obvious, but other stuff could be interpreted that way whether it was meant that way or not.
If by snarky, you mean sarcasm, then I probably will continue to not use the "ignore" button for that, because it makes me laugh at times.
I agree. Ground rules up front prevent problems later. Do these qualify as snark?
1. Negative comments about the state of the program, coaches, etc., whether true, false, or just an opinion
2. Attacking another poster’s comment as dumb, unsubstantiated, irrelevant, or bad form
3. Telling another poster you’ll ignore him/her, or telling them to go away

Asking for an engineer friend who likes rules.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I forgot
It would be great if "gtswarm" could add a buttons besides "ignore" and tally them as the do "likes"
First button suggest = "Great Specific Info" - Abbreviation = "GSI"

Second button = "We get it. Stop posting the same thing everywhere" - Abbreviation "fcfcfcfc..." (used fire collins in lieu of bsbsbs for brad stewart- that was torture).

The percent of liked, GSI, fcfc posts would be a neat thing to see

totally against the ignore button
I forgot about bsbsbs...blast from the past