Virtual Reality Recruiting

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
What sort of things to see/interact with in this? who has access to this? Do they show this to recruits?

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
What is a "virtual reality recruiting app"? I'm struggling even thinking of a possibility
I can think of a ton. VR of running on the field behind the wreck. VR of the lockerroom after a big win. VR of team bonding during a practice set.

that's just off the top of my head.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I can think of a ton. VR of running on the field behind the wreck. VR of the lockerroom after a big win. VR of team bonding during a practice set.

I see...I was thinking more along the lines of it being something for coaches/staff to use. Those make a lot more sense.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Here's some others:

VR of calculus with one of the 4 horsemen.
VR of the line to chik fil a
VR of all the protesters on Skiles
VR of your TA speaking anything but english
VR of your GPA lower than you've ever seen it.

You know. Tech things.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer

Walking down Yellow Jacket Alley, running out behind the Wreck, right in the middle of FSU return, weight room, academics, housing, etc. There's a great "wow" factor for everyone who has seen it.

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
We do some VR work at my job and it's not terribly difficult to setup something like this, relatively speaking (shoot 360 video, bring it into the Gear VR). You see 360 video on Facebook which has a similar setup. It does take vision to jump on something like this (e.g. recording that video during the FSU game in preparation), so this is not meant as a negative comment. It's a great way to "get them on campus" when they are doing a visit on the road.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
They can watch themselves enjoying an OV to Tech and all the perks and trappings of being recruited....and at the very end they can watch themselves sign with the dream school they have followed since they were a kid.

Putting the "reality" in VR.

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
Walking down Yellow Jacket Alley, running out behind the Wreck, right in the middle of FSU return, weight room, academics, housing, etc. There's a great "wow" factor for everyone who has seen it.
Yall should check out the college football hall of fame. They have someone exactly like this. You can pick your school and do it. Standing on the feild during a game, running out with the wreck, etc. It's pretty cool.