Virginia in 2015

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I just re-watched the GT Virginia game and think they have a good base to build a better program. If they did not lose to many people, I think they could take a step forward in 2015.

They stopped the triple option very well. Passing was a big part of our game.

The major offensive issue they had was dropping balls that hit them in the hands. An upgrade in WR would make them much more dangerous.

John apparently unseated Lambert in spring practice as starting QB.

Anyone think Virginia will improve or not?

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I rewatched it recently as well. That game was looking like a blowout early, but uva hung in there until the mid-3rd. They did relatively well slowing us down until the game was in hand. The game might have been down to the wire if they haul in some of those drops. Parks was a total non-factor though, and I think they had 30 yards in the run game.

I think they lost too much on D, and I don't think London is a very good in-game coach. I think they have another 6 or 7 win season ahead despite that, because London is a good recruiter.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-college/dt-by-college-input:8
Two second team All ACC, and two third team. Valles and Harold will be missed the most, since I believe both were juniors. Harris was a team captain, and fell off a bit after a great junior season, but he is a pretty good ball player.
I'm sure London has a good athlete ready to step in, but that is a lot of lost production at once.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I just re-watched the GT Virginia game and think they have a good base to build a better program. If they did not lose to many people, I think they could take a step forward in 2015.

They stopped the triple option very well. Passing was a big part of our game.

The major offensive issue they had was dropping balls that hit them in the hands. An upgrade in WR would make them much more dangerous.

John apparently unseated Lambert in spring practice as starting QB.

Anyone think Virginia will improve or not?
Hard for them to get any worse. I think Harold's quickness on the edge was a large part of them giving us trouble, and he bailed. I think we win a lower scoring game this year. We're going to be more similar to the 2008 team than anything, with the best defense we've had since then and all the inexperience at the offensive skill positions.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
You are going to push our stool in for us. London is an AWFUL coach, and as good as Tenuta is as a DC, we lose our most talented defenders. And, Johns has not unseated Lambert. It's still in the air. The worst part of London's tenure has been his BRUTALLY bad handling of the most important position on the field. I cannot imagine, as a parent, letting my son come to UVa to play QB for Mike London. London is a good man. Maybe even a great man. But he's not a good enough football coach to be the head coach at UVa.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't London a hot commodity when he was hired? Like one of the big names in coaching hiring talks from Richmond?
Yep. We all thought we were getting a sure thing. Had great area recruiting ties (which have paid off), knew what he was getting into, had a sterling reputation wrt character (which has been true, too), everything.

Frankly, except for "winning football games" he has been wonderful. His guys graduate. His guys behave off the field. We don't play a cheapshotty style. The guys play hard. He's a great representative for the university. He has just failed awfully at putting together a competent offense. This, combined with an administration that is seen as out of touch and tonedeaf to the ears of the fans (some will NEVER forgive Littlepage for honoring VT on our field), and the cowardly way we announced his return this year (I want to say it was like on a Friday afternoon going into a holiday) has the fanbase really beat down.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
What I did not like about London was his calling time outs in the garbage time of the GT game while GT had the ball. Down by four scores, under 6 minutes, and it was damn cold. I wanted to hear The Horse and get somewhere warm!

Since I had to stand in the cold for the extra time those time-outs took, I wanted CPJ to go for the extra TD and the end of that one. :devil::mad:

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I don't think we've lost to them since London's first year, when he sent out letters to some players we were both recruiting "guaranteeing" a victory. I remember ESPN making a big deal about it showing the letters and how confident they were. Probably wasn't the best idea, as we have laid it on them pretty good since then. Maybe you shouldn't poke that jackets nest, Mr. London.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
A side benefit of London's recruiting skill is that he is diluting the talent at VT.
Hold that thought. I gather he is recruiting real well in the Tidewater, where all of those big and fast guys some from? I think Vick played there.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I don't think we've lost to them since London's first year, when he sent out letters to some players we were both recruiting "guaranteeing" a victory. I remember ESPN making a big deal about it showing the letters and how confident they were. Probably wasn't the best idea, as we have laid it on them pretty good since then. Maybe you shouldn't poke that jackets nest, Mr. London.
That was his 2nd year, they went 8-5 that season, and we were undefeated at the time. That was my first and last trip to HooVille. The other four seasons he's been coach, UVA has lost almost 70% of their games. I hope they keep him for a VERY, VERY long time.