Very proud of Defense

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Paul is trying to hard to not look like Navy since they play them so much. I've never seen us run plays starting a AB at Slot then bringing him in motion and running to the same side he came from in motion before, but regardless Defense has played great today and Notre Dame came to play today hats off to them. Ready for next week looking forward to this team playing hard against Duke with a new attitude. Were not the big dogs anymore we have to prove ourselves again. Go Jackets

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
We will beat Duke soundly... today has been the worst possible scenario for them...

Rebound for us
Memory of losing to them at home last year
They will try to replicate ND's plan today without the athletes to do it

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Our D played well, besides the ridiculous throw and push off plays. ND's, Smith is a beast LB! He can cover and play the run. Hope the Falcons can get him.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Our D needs to learn to wrap up! Although they did do enough where our O usually would win a game.

Milwaukee

Banned
Paul is trying to hard to not look like Navy since they play them so much. I've never seen us run plays starting a AB at Slot then bringing him in motion and running to the same side he came from in motion before, but regardless Defense has played great today and Notre Dame came to play today hats off to them. Ready for next week looking forward to this team playing hard against Duke with a new attitude. Were not the big dogs anymore we have to prove ourselves again. Go Jackets

We did that a-back motion in Tallahassee with a lot of success (the Nesbitt strip game). PJ sees something in the front that makes him go to that.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We are lean at DL, lb are not good in pass coverage, but we played like our hair was on fire. Love these guys. When pj hits a rb they are Stonded!
Did u see all the freshman on field.

Wonder why offense did not rocket toss or flair bb till end of game .? Coach will figure this out.

We really played hard

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Now we gave up 30 today, not exactly what wins games to a guy making his first start at QB. Yes, we realized their OL was a strength coming in. Let me remind you that Procise had a 95 yd. run, which was the longest in the storied history of ND Stadium.

On the bright side, Milton was there on the coverage. Turning the wrong way with the ball in flight is understandable. Several angles, missed tackles are correctable. It was our first real test of the season.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
MUCH improvement....
They have gutted it out today with very little rest between series..

ND defense has had the best plan and execution against us since Iowa bowl game.

Still proud of my team and still very excited for the rest of the season

Ya I completely agree. The defense played well and never really quit. I like what I see and I wish the Offense did their part. Gotsis seems much improved

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The D gave up two big plays for TDs (Fuller TD reception, and Prosise's long TD), but overall they played well. If our offense was half the offense we expected where there's not 3 and outs and we're marching up and down the field chewing up clock, our defense would have benefited from that. Unfortunately, that's as bad as our offense has played since 2013.

Credit to Van Gorder's defense and the ND SA's. They played great...BVG had CPJ's number Saturday.