Vanderbilt Game is a #GoldOut

USCJacket15

Georgia Tech Fan
I love the idea, good cause and good idea to have a uniform color in the stands. I'm sure it'll look great (especially since some of the Vandy fans may wear gold) and hopefully a lot of money will be raised for childhood cancer research. Truly a win-win.

I'll go ahead and apologize for being "that guy" but I have to ask, could we come up with a better name? Whiteout and Blackout sound good, but pretty much any other [insert color here]-out just sounds strange to me.

I'd like to see something like "Solid Gold" game or "Gold Rush" game, just to give it a more unique and better sounding name. It obviously doesn't matter to me too much though, because I'm still about to go order one of those shirts.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
I love the idea, good cause and good idea to have a uniform color in the stands. I'm sure it'll look great (especially since some of the Vandy fans may wear gold) and hopefully a lot of money will be raised for childhood cancer research. Truly a win-win.

I'll go ahead and apologize for being "that guy" but I have to ask, could we come up with a better name? Whiteout and Blackout sound good, but pretty much any other [insert color here]-out just sounds strange to me.

I'd like to see something like "Solid Gold" game or "Gold Rush" game, just to give it a more unique and better sounding name. It obviously doesn't matter to me too much though, because I'm still about to go order one of those shirts.
I don't want to be "that guy" either, but "Gold Rush" is already the name of the Georgia Tech Dance Team, and "Solid Gold" is already way too diluted on various social media, especially on Twitter. There are a bunch of guys saying #GTGoldout already, though; maybe that should be it

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I asked this question on another site. While I like the idea, why are we selling shirts with a Vandy helmet on it too. The goldout shirts from the Uga basketball game in 2014 were great. These I'm not feeling.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@RyanS12
Agree. Especially with gold being Vandy's primary color also. It's actually a school neutral shirt that applies just as well for a Vandy fan. Should have put a big GT on it at least.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Is this the right shade?

images