Vad vs Justin

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Staff member
Messages
12,734
Who wins this battle?

I'm taking Justin Thomas.

I've talked to some of the players and they had outstanding reviews for him...I think he's a better fit for the offense and his speed is special.
 

xenoabe

Jolly Good Fellow
Messages
394
Location
Atlanta, GA
I'd be very happy if Justin wins. I think that would mean he's probably pretty special. Plus, his name is Justin. :D

I do wonder how Vad would react if that were to happen. If that led to a Vad transfer then we don't really have any quality backup at QB.
 

WHITEandGOLD

Georgia Tech Fan
Messages
5
If Justin wins out, I think Vad will transfer. He is a leader, he wants to play and win. Not ride the pine. I would be honestly very sad to see him go.

In an ideal world, I would hope Vad wins out this year, and Justin takes the helm next year to give us 3 fantastic years at QB. Vad would only have 2 years left and would possibly switch to a different position, rather than transfer.
 

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Messages
7,377
I can't see Vad being unseated, I've spoken to Chris Jackson and Jamal Paige they told me that the offense was going to be explosive and that Vad was the starter, no slight to Justin. I also read a blog where Jay Finch is quoted Highlights:

Is there one player on your team who you believe has the possibility to go all the way to the top? And if so, what's their name?

Vad Lee

2 years experience one year in game experience, nah can't see him being unseated. But having a dynamic backup soon starter is a great starter to have in Justin.
 

GTTerrific

Georgia Tech Fan
Messages
2
albanyjacket said:
I would love to see both play a lot. vad starts, but Justin plays too.

This is what I'd think will happen. Things generally change a lot from Spring to Fall. Should be fun to watch unfold.
 

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Messages
2,742
There is a Rumble Seat article that states Vad and JT are being team players and are helping each other/working well with each other.

Do you see them sharing snaps and still being satisfied?
 

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Staff member
Messages
12,734
Vad is that kinda guy. He is helping the younger guys with anything they need as Tevin did for him when he came in. They are all good players and put GT before themselves.

But do not be mistaken...Vad has no doubt the job will be his. He's confident in what be brings to the table.

I think they will both take snaps and both play a lot...but they both won't to play all the time. We will have to see how it shakes out.
 

SouthernJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Messages
127
Location
Savannah
I think that as long as Vad is at GT he will be the starter here. If he for some reason he got hurt like josh did at VT we got a great player in Justin Thomas coming in for him. I think were going to be really good at QB for the next 4-5 years.
 

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Messages
2,013
Location
Gibson, GA
I think Vad gets the start and if he doesn't get things going within the first 2 series, JT comes in. Something similar to last year. I think this will be good, not only do other teams have to prepare for the triple option, they have to prepare for two different style QBs.
 

Tech First

Jolly Good Fellow
Messages
147
Location
Barrow County Ga.
GTonTop88 said:
I think Vad gets the start and if he doesn't get things going within the first 2 series, JT comes in. Something similar to last year. I think this will be good, not only do other teams have to prepare for the triple option, they have to prepare for two different style QBs.

I agree
 

KevinSC

Georgia Tech Fan
Messages
30
I like the battle, but think Vad will start simply on time in the system and playing time. I think Vad will start the year and if Roof gets the D playing average and they can hold a lead or if Vad is struggling then we will see Justin. I also would not mind seeing the rotation some like we did last year.
 

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Messages
2,013
Location
Gibson, GA
Ramblinwreck7 said:
I just don't understand why so many support a 2 QB system. Don't use it unless you have to in my opinion. Pick a guy and truly develop him to allow him to grow.

I would love for Vad or JT to come in and be the uncontested starter. But, with the way our offense is and our QBs runnin the ball 30 times a game, you need to give them a break without sacrificing talent. Look at when Nesbitt was playing, toward the 4th quarter he looked to be gassed. That could be the difference in a 15 yrd run and a 60 yrd touchdown.
 

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
Messages
126
Location
Covington, Ga
Ramblinwreck7 said:
I just don't understand why so many support a 2 QB system. Don't use it unless you have to in my opinion. Pick a guy and truly develop him to allow him to grow.

This...and if we are truly going to open up the offense, the QB needs to establish a good rhythm when passing the ball. Hopefully, Vad's proactive training with the QB guru in Cali will separate him and make him the undisputed starter. I do want to see what JT brings to the table though.
 

Tech First

Jolly Good Fellow
Messages
147
Location
Barrow County Ga.
Eric said:
Who wins this battle?

I'm taking Justin Thomas.

I've talked to some of the players and they had outstanding reviews for him...I think he's a better fit for the offense and his speed is special.

Do you have an update on this?
 

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Staff member
Messages
12,734
Tech First said:
Eric said:
Who wins this battle?

I'm taking Justin Thomas.

I've talked to some of the players and they had outstanding reviews for him...I think he's a better fit for the offense and his speed is special.

Do you have an update on this?

What about it?
 

Tech First

Jolly Good Fellow
Messages
147
Location
Barrow County Ga.
Eric said:
Tech First said:
Eric said:
Who wins this battle?

I'm taking Justin Thomas.

I've talked to some of the players and they had outstanding reviews for him...I think he's a better fit for the offense and his speed is special.

Do you have an update on this?

What about it?[/quote

Sorry for being vague. Is there any evidence that one is gaining or getting ahead of the other?
 
Top