Vad Lee, Reggie Ball potentially successful at Tech?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Dude, you really don't know what you're talking about.

You're certainly entitled to that opinion, but I think if you go back and watch the losses during his tenure you'll see glaring examples of the things I'm talking about.

This is probably a it of a cliche, but it always seemed like the guy played not to lose rather than playing to win...

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
LOL...yeah...OK. We had the most dominate receiver ever playing for us and our offense was the most vanilla piece of crap I've ever seen. They treated him like he was a normal player. Entire halves would go by where we'd throw him the ball one time.

What about our play calls on third and three/four...remember any of those? Off tackle to the center of the field to hedge our bet with a straight field goal if we don't get it. I think we had like 3-4 NFL tight ends under Gailey, as well that had something like 5 combined catches for their careers.

Wouldn't have mattered if it was Joe Hamilton or Joe Montana...we were not going to have a good offense under Chan....period.

Guy was an incredible recruiter, but a horrible offensive mind
Yeah, personally I hated watching Chan's offense. It was the very definition of unimaginative.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'm still not sold on Vad being s great passer. He had a great arm and could fling it deep better than anyone but his short & intermediate throws accuracy was questionable I would even say poor.
Perhaps he has gained confidence. He did poorly against division 1 secondaries but when he first got to JMU he suddenly feasted on inferior defensive players. I remember watching tapes of games from his first year and his throws were horrible, and, in some cases, ill advised, but the defenders were just incapable of making plays on the ball. It was a good place for him to rebuild his psyche and get experience. Whether he will be able to perform at the next level when the competition gets better is a BIG question mark.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
What makes people think Vad was a good passer?
He had a good arm in that it was strong and sometimes he could hit the perfect spot.

But I've got a crazy hypo: if JT went down to the FCS level, his passing stats would be even better than Vad's are now. Because JT is a better passer than Vad.

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
Reggie would have been great in this system. He was tough as nails and a better passer then any QB we have had under CPJ. Vad was not a good fit. He is a spread offense type of QB. I'm not sure he would have been a very good fit in Gaileys pro style offense either.