Vad Lee or Justin Thomas

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I've only seen tidbits of Justin's play from the highlights of the spring game.

But my observation with CPJ-led teams is that actual in-game experience trumps athleticism and you'd have to make consistent mistakes to lose that lead by experience.

So I think Vad will maintain starting position rest of the season.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
my prediction is that vad keeps his starting job but jt receives his fair share of snaps too. give vad a breather and make the defense prepare for a different look. cpj would do well to have each qb learn a slightly different system. it would make preparing to play us all the more complicated.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
GTJason said:
I think Vad will keep the starting job. JT will get his chances when Vad can't figure out the opposing defense and he might even win us some games, but Vad keeps the job.

I agree with GTJason. I think that at this current junction Vad has the edge and due to more experience he will hold the edge. I also feel Vad has more intangibles than JT but I have only seen JT in the spring game. Either way I just want to win. But I don't want to see talent wasted either...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I say Vad due to experience and the step up he'll show this Fall (I hope).  We'll see JT in spot duty as well.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I like JT's down field vision.

I like Vad's leadership and frame.

They both can run.

We win either way.

Vad keeps his job unless he fails to follow CPJ's instructions or fails to execute.

I think CPJ likes JT better given that he cannot answer a question about Vad without talking about JT.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Longestdays said:
I like JT's down field vision.

I like Vad's leadership and frame.

They both can run.

We win either way.

Vad keeps his job unless he fails to follow CPJ's instructions or fails to execute.

I think CPJ likes JT better given that he cannot answer a question about Vad without talking about JT.

I agree with most of this except for the last point. I think you have to take everything CPJ says about his QBs with a grain of salt i.e., it's always felt like his public statements are simply a means to motivate.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Hypothetically speaking if JT gets the nod this season, what do you think would happen to Vad? Do you guys think he would change positions or transfer? I personally like Vad but you cant really go wrong in this situation. Its a good problem to have!