#UWiscy (not our kind) coming to town Wed 9:15 EST tip

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Need a couple of more players to help Devoe on offense. If we can find that, we can have a decent year.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Need a couple of more players to help Devoe on offense. If we can find that, we can have a decent year.
It’s just a little disappointing that Devoe has taken the leap to be a superstar but we’re not likely to make the tournament. I keep saying this, but striking out on impact grad transfers really hurt our chances this year.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
It’s just a little disappointing that Devoe has taken the leap to be a superstar but we’re not likely to make the tournament. I keep saying this, but striking out on impact grad transfers really hurt our chances this year.
Yeah, I think we’ll be a bubble team at best right now unless we get another shooter going.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I tend to agree with others. Devoe needs help. Keeping up this high of a level of play will be nearly impossible. I really liked the way Deivon played tonight though. Overall it was a pretty good effort. Kudos to the beer guy for the funniest moment of the night.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Honestly very encouraged by this game. Tech can be a tournament team if a freshman or 2 can step up and Deivon can play like he did in the second half
My thoughts exactly. Usher had a bad shooting game, but Sturdivant, Deebo and Kelly were 0-6 from the floor. Deebo and Kelly are the keys as we need some scoring from the wing.Have to keep bringing them along. Would have loved to try and get Deebo that look that usher got.

Smith has had his ups and downs but I like his energy at PG, just has to stay grounded.
When we get bubba back 100% we will have more options for him going balls out.

If Howard added any sort of jump shot he would score 10+ per game. Guys run away from him at 10 feet. No threat at all. Love his d though.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Gutty effort tonight, but we just couldn't get past the garbage fouls of the first half. Anyone looking for a second scorer wasn't watching tonight. We played a pretty tough D team, with a top 25 ranking and had multiple guys step up at points. We will be fine on O as long as Pastner stops flicking the foreheads of each ref pregame.

Seriously though, we lost to a GOOD team and maybe - just maybe - Khalid found some rhythm and flow - if so it will have been worth it.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
I think we've got other scorers but we just need to work on team chemistry. A great team with elite scorer can go a long way in a tournament format. We just have to get there first.
There’s just so much inconsistency right now. I’m surprised Coleman is struggling as much as he has so far. We needed him to be the third scorer. Smith desperately needs to be given the keys at pg.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Devoe is demonstrably better than last year. He is much more explosive and can use it to his advantage.
Howard should dunk more but if he could make a 15 footer it would open things up dramatically. Hard to run Princeton with no threat from the foul line. May have to go back to the Banks approach and put him in the short corner
We lost because Davidson went out of his mind for 7-8 minutes and we couldn't recover. Otherwise our D was pretty good. We obviously though need someone else to step up on the offensive end.
All in all I am not in hang dog mode after this game. This team has potential and should be better as the year goes on.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
We need Howard to pick up his offensive abilities.
The problem I see — and I am not an expert by any means — is that when the ball is passed to him near the top of the key, he just stands there loooking for someone to give it to, and then often he hands it off to someone who is closely guarded.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
The problem I see — and I am not an expert by any means — is that when the ball is passed to him near the top of the key, he just stands there loooking for someone to give it to, and then often he hands it off to someone who is closely guarded.
He’s just not built for the Princeton offense imo

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Outside of the UGa game, the execution in the last 3-4 minutes of every game has been horrible. Way too many turnovers and bad shots. This needs to improve immediately.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

I think because he's at the same spot as Lammers with the way we used Ben that people think we're using him the same way. But I don't think that is the case.

Ironically, it looks to me like we go to that set to get Howard out of the way. By putting him at the top of the key his defender has to at least play token defense on him least Roddy take one dribble strong to the rim and go up which you aren't going to allow a big to do no matter how little he has shown. Roddy can do that if they just completely leave him. But once he is there we use the fact we basically run two guards and two wings to threaten two different ideas on the off ball movement. We threaten the tight curl dribble hand off and if teams play ball deny to try and defend that we threaten the back door. It puts a lot of pressure on defenders to show hard and recover over and over, and because of our lineup we do it to every defender, not just their best defender. It is hard to sustain that type of defense without guys getting tired and allowing lanes.

Now, yes it would be nice if he could hit the 15 footer and drive from that spot, and hopefully he might develop that, but I think the look is more about off ball movement than it is about him making plays ala Lammers.

At least that is my take.