UVA

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If they weren't coming off of a loss, I would like our chances much better.

Brogden and Perrantes are going to eat our lunch I'm afraid, but we match up well with their front court.

Hoping for another good one and that good guys finally have enough of losing close ones. Find a way men!!

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I would like to see our defense finally show up in a game, especially for a home game, but I don't think it will happen. Will be close as usual, but UVA 70 GT 61.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
There will be a good turnout, the question is whether those fans will be wearing white and gold or blue and orange. We need all the help we can get in this game, and that starts with a home-court advantage.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
For some reason (my eye test, not actual stats) Perrantes seems less effective this year at times.

In order to win this game you have got to stop Anthony Gill in my opinion. That guy has become a legit threat in the ACC. Brogdon does it all, he is going to find a way to impact the game, i think MGH matches up with him well. If MGH can treat him like he always seems to treat Kenny Gaines we can win this game.

Scoring is going to be our biggest obstacle. We are going to have to be able to score in the half court and score efficiently as the number of possessions will be way down.

1-Efficient half court O
2- Keep Gill off the offensive glass
3-Make someone other than Perantes be a perimeter scorer.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Best chance to win this year.

(Ok, tic as we are only 8 days in.) But point is we have a real chance to win this one. The others were at best moral victories (for others).

Last edited:

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting starting lineup with MHG starting out at PG and Stephens starting out. A larger lineup and hopefully we will see more dribble drive penetration.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
It'd sure be nice if we had a clue what to do when the low post guys gets double teamed right after catching a pass. They've done it all game and we haven't done one thing to counter it

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Not quite as exciting as the 1984 game at AMC (Triple OT for those too young to know) but a good game for a GT fans.
GT