UVa

Squints

Helluva Engineer
To quote Springsteen, I just takes a spark. The talent is almost there and the execution is almost there.

I'm trying to stay optimistic. We are playing one of the best teams in the country away. Both games have been close. In fact we had 0 errors to their 2 yesterday. It's just that their pitching, both starters and bull pen are dominant. But we've gotten our hits.

Oh yea I agree I'm not complaining as much it sounds like I am in that post. I think it's definitely a combination of the youth, injuries, and luck.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Now back to framing the door in. Gotta love when the door frame is 1/2" too tall and there's concrete & brick on the bottom and a steel lintel on the top.

LOL! Nuke who was it said, measure twice, cut once??????

Stock door, nothing I could do. But it's framed and caulked now and my wife likes how it looks so that's what counts (big oval glass in the door really dresses up the garage.) Painting tomorrow and its done.

Watched the game on and off on GameTracker. Couldn't push the people across when we needed to (duh). We don't deserve to get the top 6 ACC since we are less than 500 for ACC play.

We didn't play bad, just UVa played better and deserved to win, if not sweep the series.

Squints, I didn't think you were complaining. I was bummed out that we lost yesterday after taking the lead in the 8th and in the 9th......... I was trying to be optimistic and really wasn't in the mood for baseball. When we have Pitts and King back next year, our pitching is going to be better and we may be able to hold the lead - like UVa did to us.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
The ACC tournament is over for us doesn't mean that the post-season is over. We still have 4 non-conference games, including Uga at the Ted. Winning all of those will still give us a chance to play somewhere unless you're ready for the the season to be over.

If we happen to make post-season play, this will be a good experience for this young ball club regardless how far we go.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The ACC tournament is over for us doesn't mean that the post-season is over. We still have 4 non-conference games, including Uga at the Ted. Winning all of those will still give us a chance to play somewhere unless you're ready for the the season to be over.

If we happen to make post-season play, this will be a good experience for this young ball club regardless how far we go.

I think we will go to the ACC tourney as a 7-10 seed. We are currently 8th and are done. I'm sure there are ways we could not go, I'm not going to bother to figure those out; or the ways we could get lucky and get to 6th. My comment meant to say that as a sub - 500 team, we don't deserve to be in the top 6.

I also think we will go to the NCAA tourney. That's because I think we'll start winning again. We played fairly well this weekend just didn't get the wins. And the wins are what count to get to the NCAA tourney.

To Hell With Georgia.