UVa Game Roll Call

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Who's going to the game tomorrow? My friend and I decided to go last night. Beautiful day, good game time and only 3 hours away.

I last went four years ago and remember searching out a GT group in the parking lot about 1/2 mile from the stadium. Looking at pdf I think it was North D. Any recommendations for tailgating locations? (Parking pdf at this site https://www.google.com/search?q=par...0l2.8544j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8 )

I know GT Alumni Assn has a tailgate but prefer to eat elsewhere and maybe just stop by to see who I know.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll be there and I have an extra ticket in the GT block to unload, not that tickets will be hard to find. If anyone needs one, PM me with your contact info.

Yella-Britches

Georgia Tech Fan
Who's going to the game tomorrow? My friend and I decided to go last night. Beautiful day, good game time and only 3 hours away.

I last went four years ago and remember searching out a GT group in the parking lot about 1/2 mile from the stadium. Looking at pdf I think it was North D. Any recommendations for tailgating locations? (Parking pdf at this site https://www.google.com/search?q=par...0l2.8544j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8 )

I know GT Alumni Assn has a tailgate but prefer to eat elsewhere and maybe just stop by to see who I know.

My daughter and I will be there Nuke. I will keep an eye on this post regarding parking & tailgating.

We were there four years ago, too. I'll never forget that nice UVA lady offering her condolences regarding us hiring Al Groh...said it took them years to get rid of him and that we should do the same as soon as possible. I kinda wonder how she feels about that now - funny how things work out / or don't...

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I can't be there but I am VERY excited to see how our team performs in this game. Have we "turned the corner" or was last Saturday just a one-off because of the emotion of Homecoming and the White Out etc?

Declinometer

Banned
I believe this team must play with the same intensity as they did with fsu to have an opportunity for the rest of the year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We'll park near Lannigan Field on Copeley Road. Free parking and where the GT tailgate is located. About a mile walk to the stadium.

I was going to be a smart *** and say that I'll have a white & gold GT cycling shirt on and a white GT hat. We gotta get all the good karma going we can.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Wish I could be there. I've been there three times...first time was in 2005 with a girl I was dating. I don't remember a lot from the game except we did not look very good. Then one of my best friends lived up there for six years and I made it to two out of three during that time (2009 and 2013). The 2009 game was a lot of fun. The game was at noon and since we woke up a bit late, we cracked the seal on a fifth of Jack Daniels at our tailgate and promptly drank the entire bottle between three of us in about 30 minutes (I'd die today if I did that). Then the rain ensued...the game was close for a while, we pulled away late in the third. Later that night, Clemson beat Miami to send us to the ACC Championship Game. We stayed out all night drinking...found some UVA basketball players at a bar and BSed with them for a while...a lot of fun.

Hopefully I'll make it up there in 2017. It's a cool atmosphere and a fun town after the game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think the UVa fans were the friendliest I have ever seen. We arrived at the parking lot at about 1230 and walking to the bathrooms, several UVa fans invited us to come to their tailgate and have some food and drinks. Turns out the tail gating group had a lot of baseball fans (including a UVa pitcher from the late 80's). So I had a great time talking with them. Food was good too.

Also met @DC Bee and had a good time talking with him. By the time we made it to the GT tailgate to see people it was already 2PM and thinning out. Probably should have stayed at the tailgate in hindsight :whistle: