USF was My Fault

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Last week, I was traveling and on Saturday could not have my coffee in my lucky GT coffee cup, as I often did in 2014. So, clearly, the loss to USF was my fault. Sorry, folks!

I promise tomorrow I will make sure I have my morning coffee in my lucky GT cup. We will win now. I guarantee it!

slugboy

Staff member
I may have you beat--I went running at halftime and turned the game back on right when we fumbled. I should have turned the game off so we could successfully come back.

Jmonty71

Banned
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail...
Great quote. I tell this to my team, a lot.

To go a step further. The failure to prepare. Is that on the coaching staff, players, combination? Just curious where you think that failure lies. I know coaching go cliche and say, it's on them. But, open to hear thoughts.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I wore a new GT t-shirt to the Alcorn St. game and it was in the wash duriing the USF game, i knew we were going to lose when i found out it wasn’t available.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
it was really my fault, I turn on tv they run back the kickoff after second run back I turn off tv leave I did check back in til we were up 38-28 you know what happened next...im not watching this weekend

This is something that I think is a GT fan thing. My wife cannot understand how I can "not watch" the game, but if things go better when I am not watching, I am not watching.....bottom line.....

I believe it is because engineers tend to be control freaks, and we believe for some reason, something we do actually changes the fate of the game. It is so ridiculous, I know, but I cannot help myself.

Last week, I was traveling and on Saturday could not have my coffee in my lucky GT coffee cup, as I often did in 2014. So, clearly, the loss to USF was my fault. Sorry, folks!

I promise tomorrow I will make sure I have my morning coffee in my lucky GT cup. We will win now. I guarantee it!

Actually, it's my fault. I watched the first half just drinking water. In the 2nd half, I was excited about the way things were going and decided to start drinking whiskey. After drinking the whiskey, I was a bit buzzed and decided to wear my gold GT hard hat. After that things, went way downhill.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Actually, it's my fault. I watched the first half just drinking water. In the 2nd half, I was excited about the way things were going and decided to start drinking whiskey. After drinking the whiskey, I was a bit buzzed and decided to wear my gold GT hard hat. After that things, went way downhill.

It’s my fault, too. My delusions of Tech’s grandeur offended the fickle football gods.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I could have used a bottle of Valium during the USF game;):zombie:

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer

Pretty sure you weren’t the problem. Sounds like you handled everything correctly.