UPDATED TO 3.5 M! AD Email - GEORGIA TECH LAUNCHES COMPETITIVE DRIVE INITIATIVE

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
ADTS had talked about a Master Plan for BDS several times and Legends was a big player in helping with that. Hopefully that will finally be revealed soon.

I don't think you could sell any of that stuff that Stansbury wanted to do with a horrible football program. The prices were outrageous and not sure a fancy lounge sells at GT. That may be one way to fill the Upper North stands though. Piss off all of your season ticket holders by charging them thousands of dollars for a "new and improved area" to see a crappy product and then have folks give up their tickets or move the Upper North.

Hoping this is truly something good and not just some marketing gimmick (Waffle House Day where anyone with skinny pants and an oversized cut off hoodie vest gets in to the next game free....). Batt needs to get off on the right foot big time.

georgiatech22

Georgia Tech Fan
The only other thing that would classify as big news that would excite the fanbase would be to announce our exit from the ACC and join the SEC. That would completely change the direction of the program in a positive and exciting direction.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If could be any number of things that would excite the majority of fans. And no matter what - some of y’all won’t be happy/underwhelmed by it - even if (won’t be) it’s a new coach.
Remember!
I was the first person to say "i hate the new coach to be name later".
Tried supporting the last 2 coaches.
Now its my turn to send negative 3 word posts!

Underwhelmed!
Am i doing it right .

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
A very big announcement very soon that will excite the fan base. He didn’t give himself much wiggle room if wants to promise and then deliver. It’s got to be big.
I agree. I think he’s underestimating how beaten down we’ve been by GTAA over the years. I speak for a lot of fellow alums I know that were turned off by the changes to the upper East seating policy. It would excite me to see all of those folks return but I’m not holding my breath.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Ugh. I've heard him say that multiple time is various interviews. You say it once to make your point and be cute. 🤷‍♂️
That is a problem with being a public figure that I would have problems with. When you are interviewed many times in a week, you are asked the same questions over and over. The answer should be the same, but it is highly repetitive. I would respond that I have answered that question several times already in the last two hours, but that wouldn't work. You see that with business leaders, politicians, marketing people, spokesmen, etc. If you watch them in ten different interviews, you will get the same answers, and the same jokes ten times. I would say it isn't his fault for saying that over and over, it is your fault for watching multiple interviews and expecting different answers.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
That is a problem with being a public figure that I would have problems with. When you are interviewed many times in a week, you are asked the same questions over and over. The answer should be the same, but it is highly repetitive. I would respond that I have answered that question several times already in the last two hours, but that wouldn't work. You see that with business leaders, politicians, marketing people, spokesmen, etc. If you watch them in ten different interviews, you will get the same answers, and the same jokes ten times. I would say it isn't his fault for saying that over and over, it is your fault for watching multiple interviews and expecting different answers.

I like the hire. Not trying to nitpick. Would've just said something like "I'm starting next Monday and looking forward to the challenge. I'm going to have to figure out all of those things that go along with getting a new job, where to park, where my office is, where the coffee maker is, etc., but excited about the challenge....."

When your message board is point out a quote you made in your opening interview and others, it's not good. But, do a few good things and it will be forgotten. Can't be worse at communicating than our last AD..... :rolleyes:

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
What was the change in policy?
Don’t know the specifics but pretty sure that AT fund requirement to keep the tickets they’d had for years and years was part of it. Result was a mass exodus from a once filled upper east. The guys I know had a fairly large block of seats they had been able to maintain for 20 years. I resumed season tickets in 2008 (driving up from FL) in lower west and was shocked at how empty the UE was.

Years of questionable to bad decisions by ADs got us here.