UPDATED TO 3.5 M! AD Email - GEORGIA TECH LAUNCHES COMPETITIVE DRIVE INITIATIVE

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
unnamed (1).png

link3945

Jolly Good Fellow
Probably not a coaching hire, unless we get someone not actively coaching (Mullen, Meyer, Rhule?). No active head coach or coordinator would leave their current school in the middle of the season.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My first thought was a coach hire announcement as well. Priority 1 for Batt is the coaching hire. A "big announcement" of a funding drive or a new sandwich at the concession stands is going to look like Batt is totally out of touch with the fanbase. IMHO, you can't tease a "big [exciting/energizing] announcement" at the present moment and it not be related to the coach hire. Exception would be something truly major tangentially related to the coaching hire - facility upgrades, staff funding, a major donation...

I wonder if some of the apparent deflation last week was because Batt informed Key (and by extension the staff) he wouldn't be considered for the permanent job? Because Batt already knows who he's bringing in...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
My first thought was a coach hire announcement as well. Priority 1 for Batt is the coaching hire. A "big announcement" of a funding drive or a new sandwich at the concession stands is going to look like Batt is totally out of touch with the fanbase. IMHO, you can't tease a "big [exciting/energizing] announcement" at the present moment and it not be related to the coach hire. Exception would be something truly major tangentially related to the coaching hire - facility upgrades, staff funding, a major donation...

I wonder if some of the apparent deflation last week was because Batt informed Key (and by extension the staff) he wouldn't be considered for the permanent job? Because Batt already knows who he's bringing in...

I'd be pretty excited if Batt said a generous donor has pledged $100+ million towards our football program. That's just me though.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
This is so vague it could be about a mausoleum for Bobby Dodd as well as a new head coach. I think we'd be advised to discount this kind of thing (who knows at this stage what Batt's ideas are about what would excite Tech fans?) and await events. I mean, he has to do something soon to start his administration..

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I think it might be a better idea not to make vague statements like this when there are so many other ways to interpret it.

If he wants to fix up BDS then just say so. No need to tease us about it.
It’s his first day though. Whatever it is he probably has to go through a process and finalize some things.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
ADTS had talked about a Master Plan for BDS several times and Legends was a big player in helping with that. Hopefully that will finally be revealed soon.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I think it might be a better idea not to make vague statements like this when there are so many other ways to interpret it.

If he wants to fix up BDS then just say so. No need to tease us about it.
I’m not teasing. I’m just sharing what I think it is. I haven’t been told what it is.