Updated "Stats" after Clemson

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Looking at StatMilk, it's obvious that since our game against North Carolina, our Defense has turned things totally around. Granted we gave up 28 to Pitt, and 23 to NC State, but both of those "scores" came well after the games were won and we had reserves in, which allowed for late scores by our opponents.

While our D is now ranked 65th "overall," our SCORING DEFENSE is now ranked 46th and trending down.

www.statmilk.com/NCAAF/Team/255/?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Hell if my ugag friends think they can, why can't we in a very similar scenario? I asked one that earlier and he said no way, only ACC team with a chance is FSU.

If we win the acc after beating georgie, and georgie somehow wins the sec, and the sec west leaders all have two losses, then maybe.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
If you look at the Point Breakdown by Quarter (including the graph), it shows our defense improves through the 4th quarter as the game goes on (even though we have been putting in our substitutes recently) and our offense explodes in the 4th quarter (my guess is that we probably have worn our competition with our offense by then and/or are dominating the clock in the fourth quarter so they can't score versus us).

The point differential per quarter is impressive.

I would like to add this INCLUDES the bad game against Georgia Southern where our Defense had their abboration in the second half. Think where those numbers would be without THAT game!

One other "interesting stat: When leading after the 1st Quarter, Halftime, or 3rd Quarter, we are undefeated.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
If you look at the Point Breakdown by Quarter (including the graph), it shows our defense improves through the 4th quarter as the game goes on (even though we have been putting in our substitutes recently) and our offense explodes in the 4th quarter (my guess is that we probably have worn our competition with our offense by then and/or are dominating the clock in the fourth quarter so they can't score versus us).

The point differential per quarter is impressive.

I would like to add this INCLUDES the bad game against Georgia Southern where our Defense had their abboration in the second half. Think where those numbers would be without THAT game!

One other "interesting stat: When leading after the 1st Quarter, Halftime, or 3rd Quarter, we are undefeated.
When we lead at the end of the 4th quarter, we are undefeated as well.